Re: NIRVANA

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

but mini-kun teamspeak is shit
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

BUT MINI-SAN~
VENTRILLO IS CLEARLY THE MUSTARD RACE, B-BAKA!
KennyKatsu
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by KennyKatsu »

Lone senpai please
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

My jambo jet flies cheerfully!
TLRedemption
Noob

Post by TLRedemption »

What a trimble valley of the wind.
CrackyJoe
[rawr]

Post by CrackyJoe »

To answer a few questions here.
1. Yes I have a mic.
2. It's gonna be hard to "prove" trustworthiness since no one has actually offered me much to be trusted with. But, to take a stab, I haven't swindled anyone on trades, I know locations of various places where people live/have lived and haven't griefed any of these places. That's just minor stuff.
3. Yeah I lived with my brother on this server. His MC name is M_BRIX. I dunno exactly how that will help since he is my blood relative and I haven't noticed him on but he exists.
4. I flipped 3 eggs on a pan this morning and broke none of the yolks. If I can be trusted with yolks I can be trusted with anything.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

You'd have to do investments based on a compound or simple interest system, or else people will just invest the minimum time required to grab their extra stuff and repeat.

Every week someone keeps their investment with you, they get a 25% compound interest on their current investment.

I invest a stack of iron blocks, a week later I get a stack and 16 iron blocks. A week after that, if my investment hasn't been pulled, I get (1.25*0.25)+1.25 iron blocks, and so on.
CrackyJoe
[rawr]

Post by CrackyJoe »

I actually really like the banking/investment system idea. It would be interesting to see how it holds up after some more investments are made. I would suggest you make a separate thread for this in like trades or something.

Because I like this idea, I would be willing to be one of your start up investors. I was thinking (depending on exactly how much I would be comfortable giving away atm) that I could give you diamond, maybe like a dozen blocks or so. Could help you tool-wise with your project launch, or obviously it could be traded for other materials you need. More importantly, consider that my "faith" with diamond could add a little more credibility to this thing.

I also have glut of other stuff I would be willing to trade or invest, like iron, a bit of quartz, etc. so let me know.

One suggestion I have is to keep this system super simple. While Lone's example with compound interest is intelligently crafted, numbers might shy people away. It is, at the end, a game, even if you want to keep the 10 yr olds away from your system. But he (Lone) is right that if you WANT to have the investments long term you need incentive to have people keep it in, like through compounded growth. Or you have ridiculously long minimum investment periods, but at least personally, I couldn't see any more than 2 weeks happening. Who wants to play more than 14 straight days without seeing a return or having back something they might decide they need? This still all depends on whether you are going for having quick injections into the "Bank of Nirvana" or long term deals. (Do you want to be able to sit on the materials or not?)

Also carefully consider the rates. 25% rates may be hard to deliver on, even with a team. Let's say for example I give you 100 diamond, and you have HALF that rate, 12.5% per week. With a minimum investment period of, let's say, 2 weeks you then owe me 125. Obviously you don't just sit on the diamond I gave you. If you use 1/2 of it during that period, and I want my investment called in right after the 2 weeks, you are not recovering 25 diamond but 75 in two weeks. With a 25% weekly rate you would need to give 100 back. Very doable but you don't want to be so tied down to fulfillment if you have multiple different investments at once. If you can't deliver then people lose faith in the system immediately.

Everything having been said, I'm not entirely sure how low I'd be willing to go if I'm investing. It is purely passive gains, even if I can make the 25 or 50 diamond much quicker than that. I'm not sure if I'd be willing to go lower than like 12.5, or if I did by how much. That's for the general future. Right now I'd be willing to negotiate since it's a start up.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

It would probably be better to do investments on a daily basis, albeit at a lower percentage.
DakkaDok
OP

Post by DakkaDok »

I know this is pretty late, but i just wanna point something out.
Fochnizzle wrote: Never seen or heard of you, so I don't care one way or the other. If mini and Dakka both say yes, then I'm fine with it.
DeflowVesper wrote: Im not sure if letting you join is a good idea becasue i barely know you, but if dakka and mini are both confident about you being a member then i wont intervine.
This isnt really what i think our voting process should look like. If you just agree with everything we say, we might as well not ask you. Until we got a better voting system, please try to base your vote on what you think, not what we said. Thanks.

EDIT: Nothing against Matanza btw, just pointing it out.