Is This True?

Report hackers, or find out why you were banned
MutualistManiac
[rawr]

Is This True?

Post by MutualistManiac »

Some people have been telling me that if I wait a few years, it is possible to be unbanned. I did not think that this was the case, but multiple people insist that it is the case. Is this true?

If it is true, then I would like to be made aware of the specifics of this. It was never my intent to break any of the rules of this server, and I even went out of my way to ask for clarification of many of the rules just to be sure. However, I know now that I did break the rules, and I have never once denied that I have since.

If it is not true, as I suspect it is, then please make the player base aware of that fact so that they do not spread false information to me. I suspect many of them just really want me back, or feel like what I did should not be against the rules. Are all those with ban permission aware that "Fullbright" (a "hack" that removes darkness) is actively encouraged by certain admins? And that I was told that I could log onto the server for short periods of time with my Wurst client to activate it. Functionally, Fullbright provides far more of an advantage overall to a player than radar would.

that's all I have to ask.
Yukar9
Admin

Re: Is This True?

Post by Yukar9 »

Yes, it's true that we give people a second chance if they come back 1+ year later. We just don't advertise the policy for obvious reasons. I think in your particular case there's even agreement that you shouldn't have to wait, precisely because you never exploited the radar.

Fullbright is not allowed and never has been, I can't imagine any admin saying that fullbright is allowed. What is allowed is turning up gamma, which can have effects similar to fullbright. This is because it wouldn't make sense for us to try to police people having different gamma settings.
MutualistManiac
[rawr]

ok, thank you for the information. I believe it was dakka who told me about the Fullbright. It's possible that I misunderstood him, but me asking to use Wurst should have been a red flag for him if we were not on the same page to start in the conversation.
MisterStrawman
Donator

Post by MisterStrawman »

If I recall, you were jailed because for using a minimap that shows entities/player and/or caves, which is explicitly stated not to be allowed: https://simplicitypvp.net/w/Allowed_mods

Our policy is to consider giving a second chance after someone's been jailed/banned for over a year, given that we agree that it's unlikely the player will cheat again. There are cases where even after a year, certain players wouldn't be unjailed. As Yukar said, we decided not to state this publicly, and this has only been in place a couple years, before which there were no second chances whatsoever.

You were jailed on November 6th, so if you appeal after that date next year, you'd almost certainly be let out. As far as letting you out before you've served the whole year, we're still discussing that.
MutualistManiac
[rawr]

A while ago someone informed me that I would be able to reapply again right now. I was not sure if this was trustworthy information so I told them that I could not reply until Nov 6th. However, in light of this, I would like to ask if it is possible to, in fact, reapply now. I know that I was previously denied a reapply, but it has been 5 months now, and that seems like a bit a while. Just wanted a recheck.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Sorry, absolute minimum is 1 year.
MutualistManiac
[rawr]

1 year has elapsed.
MisterStrawman
Donator

Post by MisterStrawman »

You actually have one more day, but yeah, I'll unjail you tomorrow if nobody beats me to it.
MutualistManiac
[rawr]

oh, ok.