Why was I banned?

Report hackers, or find out why you were banned
Drax
wannabe troll, flaming us by entering arbitrary words in capslock

Why was I banned?

Post by Drax »

Hello,

My in game username is iProdrax

I logged on last night and was immediately in the jail with no warning. I'm confused. The other day there was a new player who was getting mad because he was saying I "shit talked" him because he wanted to get teleported? I hope that I wasn't reported or something because of it. (I think it was Sunday morning if you want to check the logs).

When I joined the server, the jail said that cheaters are there forever with no exceptions, is that just a blanket statement for all people that have been perma-jailed? I'm not a cheater, but I am also not mad because that would be pretty irrational, I'm mostly just confused. I have never even been banned from a server.

If I was cheating, wouldn't I be banned by a plugin on the spot?
I just do not understand this system at all
Was it for cheating or supposedly insulting someone? It's not like I have an official statement to go by here.

I'm ignorant as to how cheat detections work in any game so none of this is really up my alley.

The only thing that I am pretty bummed out about is the fact that this was the last good server that me and my friends had to share together (we have this comfy spot away from everyone in the middle of nowhere, it's truly great). I rarely play minecraft anymore but I have been on this server for over three years and it is the only one I have played on in that time period. I've never bothered anyone on this server, except for maybe having a little fun in the chat. I have had zero desire to play smp due to the fact that this game isn't what it used to be after 8 long years on it.

If my ban is truly permanent, then I would like to donate all of my items to someone who can access me in jail, so that they could hopefully hide my inventory in a chest somewhere on the map so that someone may find it as a surprise one day.

Thanks
DakkaDok
OP

Re: Why was I banned?

Post by DakkaDok »

You were indeed jailed for cheating. Insulting people is not against our rules, as anyone who has read them knows.
While we have a variety of plugins that help us detect cheaters, players are only ever jailed by actual humans to avoid mistakes.
In your specific case, you've been jailed for xraying. You are permanently jailed, giving away your items is not permitted.