Jail Appeal

Report hackers, or find out why you were banned
AGTcraft
wannabe troll, flaming us by entering arbitrary words in capslock

Jail Appeal

Post by AGTcraft »

Hi, anyone remember me? I think it's been a year and would like to appeal, tho I might not play much tbh
KoriJenkins
in iron armor

Re: Jail Appeal

Post by KoriJenkins »

After talking with the other admins, it was decided that you should not be released at this time. This decision was made primarily due to the severity of the offense (x-raying portals is among the worst possible things that can be done on Sim, accidentally or not), and also partly due to the possibility that the excuse you gave at the time wasn't legitimate.

For the sake of clarity on the latter point, I'll explain. You claimed at the time to have found portals through a glitch that let you see through unloaded terrain during lag spikes. These are fairly common on the server, and rarely can allow you to see a portal, though only if it's located on the edge of a chunk. This is where the believability comes into question. The odds of the 3 portals you found being on the edge of chunks is very low, and the terrain glitch you mentioned was not permanent, yet you dug to the portals in question with surprising accuracy despite only being able to glimpse them briefly.

For that reason plus the severity of what you did, you aren't being granted an appeal barring new information on your part.
Burger
in iron armor

Post by Burger »

Couldn't the admins have checked if the portals were truly on the edge of the chunks? If they weren't then yeah, probably lying (although the portals could've been in an open cave which was made visible, although this is unlikely). But either way he should be unjailed he's served his time >:(
DKC
[rawr]

Post by DKC »

I have no sympathy for people who exploit to benefit themselves. Even if you did not know it was against the rules, you still knew you could directly benefit from it and did so anyway. This jail should stick.