jail appeal

Report hackers, or find out why you were banned
1590283112f
wannabe troll, flaming us by entering arbitrary words in capslock

jail appeal

Post by 1590283112f »

i dont know why im writing this publicly because ill most likely get troll responses but fuck it.

I was banned a few hours ago for "xraying portals". the 3 portals i apparently xrayed were: one to f8tal_'s base, a portal to 4Pilot's portal hub, and a chest room which belonged to strawman i believe, I didnt even know i found f8tals portal to begin with, as i placed a bunch of TNT in some random end islands and found nothing, i blew up the area where his portal was and saw nothing, until a couple minutes later jake276493 spotted the portal in the ceiling while i was off doing something else, and it led straight to his base. i had burned through well over 10 shulkers of TNT by this point and this was one of few things i found. ive showed the proof of me not seeing the portal until later to the admins already.

For the portal to 4Pilots portal hub it was very poorly hidden, i found a GS portal when looking around the ruins of copetown and it led to a spot with a few portals, connecting to 8mil, 15mil, and some other random places, i was poking holes in different walls looking for portals and i came across a portal that went to his portal hub. there were 4 people watching my screenshare as i did this, DKC, Nebuelaz, Chipinazo and Anthand as i'd been screensharing for a while looking for bases.

And for the chestroom that i uncovered i was at the end of an overworld chunk trail around 300k out and i noticed my fps dropped a little when looking down, i identified where the chunk trail ended and started TNTing down into the base, which ended up being an abandoned loot room underground with a few portals leading to public bases.

I have never cheated in any game in my years of playing online games and i dont plan to ever start doing it, i feel the admins jumped to jailing me instead of thinking about how i could have found the bases i found. I didnt even gain alot from these bases so to think i xrayed on a server i play daily is stupid to me.
SecretOfMana

Re: jail appeal

Post by SecretOfMana »

I think you just need giving more explanations.

1. f8tal
i placed a bunch of TNT in some random end islands and found nothing, i blew up the area where his portal was
i had burned through well over 10 shulkers of TNT
The probability of this happening without extra information (for at last a determined area to do the research) is lower than winning a national lottery ?
ive showed the proof of me not seeing the portal until later to the admins already.
You can prove someone is cheating but you can't prove he's not.

2. 4Pilot
For the portal to 4Pilots portal hub it was very poorly hidden
i found a GS portal when looking around the ruins of copetown and it led to a spot with a few portals, connecting to 8mil, 15mil, and some other random places, i was poking holes in different walls looking for portals and i came across a portal that went to his portal hub
You don't say how it was poorly hidden, i tried one time for fun poking walls in the hope finding custom portals, but i quickly gave up and i'm not seeing myself ever poking enough walls to find a custom portal. It just does need to be properly hidden within an small 3-4 blocks thickness and then only a TNT close to this would reveal the custom portal, meaning most of people wouldn't have for example enough TNT to bomber the whole area of research to be guaranteed finding a custom portal.

3. MisterStrawman
And for the chestroom that i uncovered i was at the end of an overworld chunk trail around 300k out and i noticed my fps dropped a little when looking down, i identified where the chunk trail ended and started TNTing down into the base, which ended up being an abandoned loot room underground with a few portals leading to public bases.
I thought using chunk trails so well was only theoretically possible without the help of "some clients" ?
jake276493

Post by jake276493 »

The admins have all the context they should need, but Ill help clear some things up.
The probability of this happening without extra information (for at last a determined area to do the research) is lower than winning a national lottery ?
Its basically going to become public at this point, so for the past 2ish months all of YMP has been blowing up a large majority of the end islands close to spawn (1000-2000 blocks from the end spawn), with the hopes of finding hidden link portals. The entire method is based off just spamming tnt in random places, and hoping for the best. I and while f8tals base may have been the most lucky thing we have found, after 2 months and like 30 shulkers of TNT, you would expect atleast one bit of luck like that.
You don't say how it was poorly hidden, i tried one time for fun poking walls in the hope finding custom portals, but i quickly gave up and i'm not seeing myself ever poking enough walls to find a custom portal. It just does need to be properly hidden within an small 3-4 blocks thickness and then only a TNT close to this would reveal the custom portal, meaning most of people wouldn't have for example enough TNT to bomber the whole area of research to be guaranteed finding a custom portal.
He stated in his first message that there was multiple portals nearby, leading to different Dakka portal locations, which im assuming were uncovered, which then it would make sense for him to continue searching for other portals, but what I do know about the situation is that 1590 was in the SimpPvP VC screensharing himself basehunting and discovering that location for the first time, in which he uncovered the portal that was ~10 blocks away from the portal he came from and was only covered by one block of stone. In my opinion it should be completely removed from consideration by the admins.
I thought using chunk trails so well was only theoretically possible without the help of "some clients" ?
You can follow chunk trails by very obvious to see chunk borders between older updates of the game (1.7 and before) and new updates(1.8-1.14), with the Strawman base in question being from what I believe 1590 told me around 1.12 he could of easily followed the trail to its end and located the base.
SecretOfMana

Post by SecretOfMana »

Its basically going to become public at this point, so for the past 2ish months all of YMP has been blowing up a large majority of the end islands close to spawn (1000-2000 blocks from the end spawn), with the hopes of finding hidden link portals. The entire method is based off just spamming tnt in random places, and hoping for the best. I and while f8tals base may have been the most lucky thing we have found, after 2 months and like 30 shulkers of TNT, you would expect atleast one bit of luck like that.
Then even in a such area I highly doubt 30 shulkers are enough and i doubt even more if you consider the high Blast Resistance (9) of Endstone.
He stated in his first message that there was multiple portals nearby, leading to different Dakka portal locations, which im assuming were uncovered, which then it would make sense for him to continue searching for other portals, but what I do know about the situation is that 1590 was in the SimpPvP VC screensharing himself basehunting and discovering that location for the first time, in which he uncovered the portal that was ~10 blocks away from the portal he came from and was only covered by one block of stone. In my opinion it should be completely removed from consideration by the admins.
Yes it makes sense for searching for other portals if that's the case, however, the probability of finding then a covered portal is still close to 0 without other information. And even if it's only 10 blocks away, it makes a volume of 1000 blocks to check for every portal and still 500 for the ones not being underground.
You can follow chunk trails by very obvious to see chunk borders between older updates of the game (1.7 and before) and new updates(1.8-1.14), with the Strawman base in question being from what I believe 1590 told me around 1.12 he could of easily followed the trail to its end and located the base.
He was talking first about tps while looking down.
1590283112f

Post by 1590283112f »

Just by flying around end spawn you guys can see how much TNT we've used and how many inactive portals we've come across, our luck with the TNT is actually pretty bad considering how much we used and we only got a few abandoned bases.
KoriJenkins
in iron armor

Post by KoriJenkins »

I will actually address one of the points made in this post by jake. There's no question that you all have been bombing end islands. Thanks to world edit we can see how many portals are in a single island, how many are in all of them, and come up with numbers for portal density, etc.

To say that 159 found more than would realistically be expected is a bit of an understatement given the density of portals in the islands searched. His success rate was too high to be believable. As Mana put, using a large amount of TNT isn't really evidence of extensive searching, it's necessary due to End Stone's blast resistance.

Regarding the f8tal portal, it deviated severely from the other patterns. Most of your bombing work had been done on the sides of islands, where portals are commonly found (similar to the sides of cliffs, mountains, underwater ledges, etc). The f8tal portal was in the dead center of an island. The island it was in the dead center of consisted of 3 million + end stone and 10 obsidian (the 10 obsidian being the portal).

I believe I did some math to determine what the likelihood of digging down within 20 blocks of that portal was on a single try and came to the conclusion that the chances were between 0.4 and 0.008%. It might've actually been 0.04% but I did these calculations a while ago, and the variance depends on how large you view the island to have been. In some world edit selections it was a couple million blocks, in others more than 3.

One portal found randomly in such a manner, heavily deviating from previous bombing strategies?

Something else to consider, 159 was jailed for more than just that find. Regarding the 3rd find, rarely talked about, he dug directly down to something he claims he knew was there because of the entity counter. I had told him at the time he should not dig down to that location when he asked me about it over discord. I told him I didn't know if it was legal and needed to talk to Yukarion and strongly suggested he simply come back to the area later. He ignored me and dug down to it anyway. Yukarion deemed the entity counter illegal for use as base hunting because it makes underground bases pointless.
1590283112f

Post by 1590283112f »

ive probably said this already but theres no real pattern to the way i blow shit up, it ranges from small floating islands to the perimeters of islands to just random ass spots, mathematically it was an unlikely find, but in reality i just blew up a random end island like 1500 blocks from the main island itself, ive been told that ive come within reach of a portal before but not uncovered it even after using stacks of tnt. i dont think calculating the end stone / obsidian shit is even worth doing when like 100,000+ is already visible without using tnt, and for the underground base it probably wasnt smart to just tnt it, kori said something along the lines of 'im 60% sure it'll be allowed but just wait' but i took the risk and blew it up anyway,

i think the entity counter should be a legal way to find bases that are 100% underground. by your logic i can my main base 10k from spawn under an ocean and live there for years just because its underground.
1590283112f

Post by 1590283112f »

i'd also like to add chests only render from 64 blocks away so you'd have to be literally ontop of an underground base to utilize the entity counter