Re-enable Broken End Void Terrain

Report bugs and request small uncontroversial plugin changes here
sev2worlds
[rawr]

Re-enable Broken End Void Terrain

Post by sev2worlds »

As detailed in this video (https://youtu.be/91Feq0dHw28s) a bug in End generation would let the End generate in donut like patterns and generates a large void every 400,000 blocks or so. However this was fixed in a recent plugin patch which reverted generation back to normal, but it wasn't fixed in vanilla. It would be greatly appreciated if this would be re-enabled again and the plugin be removed. Thanks
Yukar9
Admin

Re: Re-enable Broken End Void Terrain

Post by Yukar9 »

I don't think we're going to disable that fix. I understand it can be useful for building farms, but if you really want that you can spend the time to clear the area yourself, or find already generated chunks. Meanwhile if we have that bug then people exploring the end normally will have a rougher time going far out. It's clearly an unintended bug, and one that's only useful for people wanting to build farms.

PS David_M1A2 from this server is the one who discovered and fixed the bug.
KoriJenkins
in iron armor

Re: Re-enable Broken End Void Terrain

Post by KoriJenkins »

Yukar9 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:42 am I don't think we're going to disable that fix. I understand it can be useful for building farms, but if you really want that you can spend the time to clear the area yourself, or find already generated chunks. Meanwhile if we have that bug then people exploring the end normally will have a rougher time going far out. It's clearly an unintended bug, and one that's only useful for people wanting to build farms.

PS David_M1A2 from this server is the one who discovered and fixed the bug.
Perhaps maybe a compromise then? Say allow generation of end voids within a set distance from spawn? I do more or less agree that it's a bug, however it's also a pretty unique one.

Then again, I don't know how many have historically been generated.