portal bug

Report bugs and request small uncontroversial plugin changes here
Mattias480
still building aboveground

portal bug

Post by Mattias480 »

Hey,
I made first portal to overworld, and second one to nether. Typed /portal in nether and got back to overworld portal. But I found myself in 2x1 space, surrounded by obsidian. It was like two portals interwoven. So, i removed the excess obsidian, (i broke the correct blocks from inside after checking F3 info-cardinal points). But now, when I try to activate portal, it says i have to buy new portal. Making nether portal in-between maybe messed up things?
Yukar9
Admin

Re: portal bug

Post by Yukar9 »

Well, portals always face east-west, so I don't see how they could be interwoven, and they're only generated when you use /portal set. I'll have to see the exact locations ingame and see if I can find anything.

I just tested by building my own portal set from the overworld to the nether, and that worked without any problems.

Edit: I found your portal, and I see what happened. You built the obsidian facing north-south and then created a portal there (which made the portal east-west.) You then broke the east blocks of the portal, because that's the direction your base faces, but those blocks were the ones considered part of the portal, so the portal deactivated. Sorry, but it's as of yet not possible to make north-south portals, and you don't have to place the obsidian yourself.

Edit 2: I can see how it might be confusing how this works, so I've changed the plugin such that you have to build the obsidian yourself now. I'll update the main announcement.