Upgraded /tell command

Report bugs and request small uncontroversial plugin changes here
Yukar9
Admin

Upgraded /tell command

Post by Yukar9 »

So we've all been sick of not being able to click links sent over /tell. I found out that what the client does is that it makes italicized text non-clickable, so if I made a fake /tell plugin, and just had it not make the text italic, then the links would be clickable.

So I did exactly that. Along the way, I came up with a couple other improvements, most notably the shorter syntax (and also being able to /tell server.)

So this is all completely configurable by us. So first of all I'd like to know if you all like the new shorter syntax, or if you prefer the vanilla one (this does make us unvanilla,) or if you have any ideas for a completely third syntax that would look better.

Secondly, we could have it accept partial names (so typing /tell yuk hi would work.) It currently does not, and I heard a good argument against it, so right now I'm personally against partial names, but if there's broad support or good arguments in favor of it we could easily do that.
A. Pippenger
in diamond armor

Re: Upgraded /tell command

Post by A. Pippenger »

Thanks, this is much better.

I don't think it should accept partial names, that's not really necessary. It could also lead to issues if two people have similar starts to their names, like cingular and cinnabars or something.
DakkaDok
OP

Post by DakkaDok »

I agree, this is better than before, but partial names would just lead to confusion.
If anyone is really too lazy to type the whole name, they can just use tab.
MisterStrawman
Donator

Post by MisterStrawman »

I like it.