Worldedited Player Creation.

General simplicitypvp.net related topics
SkullerG
[rawr]

Worldedited Player Creation.

Post by SkullerG »

Hello. Recently Aluminisim and I have completely flooded the new /world.

This disabled players from coming into world without having a platform for them to spawn in.

Why I am making this thread is because MoWobbler completely drained all of the water using worldedit. With a platform being put in made out of bedrock by Yukarion, what was the need to drain the water? It wasn’t harming anything since the bedrock platform was made, and it was a player creation. Please explain. Thanks
MoWobbler
in iron armor

Re: Worldedited Player Creation.

Post by MoWobbler »

The reason I removed it was because it prevented players from using /world. I did add the bedrock platform but I expected people to either camp that 7x7 spot or re-add the water/slabs or something. Because of this and complaints from players, I went ahead and removed the water. I'm no longer sure if I should have done this or not. I would like to hear from other players and their thoughts on this. Worst case I can re-add the water. Either way, I'm sorry I removed the water.
KoriJenkins
in iron armor

Re: Worldedited Player Creation.

Post by KoriJenkins »

Seems like it was just another ploy to ruin /world immediately after it gets set up. It's honestly not a bad thing that it was removed, basically every /world since that ocean one in 2019 have been forgettable to me due to the immediate griefing that goes on, either by covering it in water, slabs, obsidian, etc.

I don't even remember the last one, it was just the obsidian platform /world to me because I never got to see the underside.

Some thought is put into designing and/or choosing which /world goes up, I don't think admins putting a small amount of effort into maintaining them is the worst thing in the world, they aren't part of the "real" server after all.