Capture the Sign December 2020

General simplicitypvp.net related topics
Yukar9
Admin

Capture the Sign December 2020

Post by Yukar9 »

We're going to do another Capture the Sign event on December 27! It'll begin at 18:00 UTC, on December 27. Countdown to start.

https://simplicitypvp.net/w/Capture_the_Sign

The game takes place in /world, with everybody using their normal gear (it's not run using /event.)

In /world at x=22237, y=81, z=2622 there is a 3x3x4 bedrock platform. In the very center of that you have to put a sign with your name on it, and then defend that sign.

After the game begins, the game will end again after the sign has remained unchanged for 1 continuous hour. When that happens, whoever has their name on the sign wins. If multiple people have their name on the sign, they all win and split the rewards.

Your goal is to break the sign, and replace it with a sign that has your own name on it. Then you need to defend that sign for 1 hour. Before the game begins, you can spend time building defenses around the sign.

There is a donation box in overworld spawn, next to the challenge entry. Players can drop items into that donation box. The winner(s) of the game will receive all items dropped into the donation box.
cmlove
wannabe troll, flaming us by entering arbitrary words in capslock

Re: Capture the Sign December 2020

Post by cmlove »

I AM SO EXCITED. CAPTURE THE FLAG WAS MY FAVORITE IN P.E.
Burger
in iron armor

Post by Burger »

This sounds very fun, I'll drop some stuff into the donation box for the winner.

Might wanna fix "It'll begin at 14:00 UTC, on December 27, at 18:00 UTC" tho
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

_Goujon_
Gsmack
Redbaron1991
won after 1 hour.

Nobody came in full gear, but multiple people went invis and tried to get it that way.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

I'm thinking we can do another in a few months. Maybe we can do it quarterly, or once per /world or something.

One thing that came up this time is that people could log out alts inside the spawn before it started, and then log in right on the sign. I'm thinking for next round we can make the spot be solid bedrock until the game starts. We can also change the shape of the bedrock if people want. This time it was 3x3 with holes in the sides and on top, but it can be whatever people want.

Also about the rule on breaking the sign. For this round I said you had to break the sign and replace it with a new name for the timer to reset, but we can make that rule whatever we want. We could formalize it to say that the defending team has 1 minute to replace the sign to avoid the timer resetting.

I'm also thinking we should run the next one on a Saturday, maybe 17:00 UTC (1 hour earlier than the current one.)

If any of you have ideas for how it should run, write them here. We can do it basically however you want.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

If nobody has suggestions for the exact rules I'll make something up.

As I've said before, the next CTS round will start on April 23.