Litematica pasting is suddenly broken on the build server?

General simplicitypvp.net related topics
Burger
in iron armor

Litematica pasting is suddenly broken on the build server?

Post by Burger »

what the hell
KoriJenkins
in iron armor

Re: Litematica pasting is suddenly broken on the build server?

Post by KoriJenkins »

Can confirm, is broken.

"Unknown command. Type "/help" for help."

Was working as recently as... the 13th. I used a lot of pasting then to make a repeating pattern on a large tower. iLxgend says it's been busted for 2 days.

Wonder if any plugin updates, aside from the chat things, rolled out around then?
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

It was disabled because the way it works was causing unnecessary load on the server.

You can email schematics and we'll put them into the server. We may need a better way to do things though.
Burger
in iron armor

Post by Burger »

I wasn't aware it was lagging the server. Maybe people were pasting much larger things than I was. A better solution to emailing schematics will be needed, I'll have to play on a singleplayer world or find a different creative server for now.

Edit: Does the litematica paste function any differently to WorldEdit? If so, people who paste massive structures with litematica should be banned just like people who paste or generate massive structures with WE, but it should be allowed for small things which I assume most people use it for.

An alternative for people might be Structure Blocks, I've not tried them yet https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Structure_Block
Anthand
[rawr]

Post by Anthand »

Stay mad virgins, yuk strikes again :sunglasses:
TonTheKidRS
[rawr]

Post by TonTheKidRS »

Litematica pasting works by using the setblock command over and over in quick succession. Because of this, it is not at all optimized for pasting large structures and can cause massive amounts of lag if you try and paste something big.
Burger
in iron armor

Post by Burger »

TonTheKidRS wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:55 pm Litematica pasting works by using the setblock command over and over in quick succession. Because of this, it is not at all optimized for pasting large structures and can cause massive amounts of lag if you try and paste something big.
Yeah I get that. How does WorldEdit pasting/fill area/whatever work?
KoriJenkins
in iron armor

Post by KoriJenkins »

Doesn't world edit do the exact same thing?

If so, it's possible the only reason litematica paste was becoming overwhelming was due to the amount of people using it.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

WorldEdit does not do the same thing. It edits things in-place server-side, so the entire schematic is pasted within 1 tick. WorldEdit does not run any commands for you.

If you need some specific functionality, you should run it on your own server. The build server is not guaranteed to receive any kind of maintenance, it can disappear or functionality can be changed at any time.

If somebody wants to implement a better way of loading schematics into the build server, then please do so. As always, don't expect admins to do stuff for you.
Burger
in iron armor

Post by Burger »

Fair enough.