We now have a deathban world

Announcements about changes/updates/downtime/etc
Yukar9
Admin

We now have a deathban world

Post by Yukar9 »

We now have a deathban world, accessible via /deathban. Essentially a remake of hc.simpvp.net but on the main server.

The way it works is it is a separate world with separate inventory and everything. When you die in there, you lose access to it until the next reset. The deathban world will be reset every Sunday, and then everybody in it starts over, and everybody who died gets access again.

The idea is for it to be a tournament, where you get points for killing other players, and then whoever has the most points by the end of the round wins, possibly with prizes to the winners. I've not enabled this yet though. I figured we should take it one step at a time and see what everybody wants.

So yeah, comments and opinions welcome.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Re: We now have a deathban world

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

>deathban world has randomly generated boxes of goodies in addition to the prize of getting the most kills at reset
>either you try to survive and be the first to grab the ebin loot, or you get your shit rocked
>or you rock other people's shit and grab all the loots
MrDisingenuous
[rawr]

Post by MrDisingenuous »

I think their should be an incentive to kill the one who's dominating the leader board also.
Maybe a wither skull?
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Well when we had hc.simpvp.net there were talks of you getting the points of the players you killed, so killing a noob who just started is just the 1 point, but killing somebody who has 10 kills already would give you all the 10 points and 1 point for the kill. But I don't know about that.
MrDisingenuous
[rawr]

Post by MrDisingenuous »

I like that idea better. Can we get that mod that allows us to collect heads? That could be so much fun!!!!
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Well, the deathban world has to be completely separate from the rest of the server, so no. But it will be published on the website and/or through an ingame command.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

MrDisingenuous wrote:I like that idea better. Can we get that mod that allows us to collect heads? That could be so much fun!!!!
head collecting is stupid and edgy as fuck
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

The deathban world has just been reset.

This week points will be counted. 1 kill = 1 point. The rankings will be made public at the beginning of next round.
MrDisingenuous
[rawr]

Post by MrDisingenuous »

LoneSoldier55 wrote:
MrDisingenuous wrote:I like that idea better. Can we get that mod that allows us to collect heads? That could be so much fun!!!!
head collecting is stupid and edgy as fuck
Help me understand why. I just want to know.
morl0ck
pinko commie bastard

Post by morl0ck »

I logged a couple hours this week in /deathban but really did nothing but grind resources like I did in the old hc server. It's hard to focus on killing people without spending long hours mining and farming. Either that or run around with my stone sword on day 1 hoping to catch as many people unaware as possible. I think Lone's carepackage idea should be enabled to encourage more spreading around and exploration, maybe disable resource generation entirely. A custom player-designed 500x500 map that's only about 20 blocks deep, with scattered item chests, should discourage hiding underground and encourage surface exploration. That way I don't have to spend the entire week grinding to have enchanted gear and potions for the last 1 or 2 days of the competition.

The winner's reward should be that they get to design a map that shall serve as the next deathban world =)