We have a new server

Announcements about changes/updates/downtime/etc
Yukar9
Admin

We have a new server

Post by Yukar9 »

I've just purchased an upgraded server, which we'll be moving to soon. I'm planning on doing the move this Saturday.

The Minecraft server itself will of course not be changed at all, everything will be copied over. As long as you're connecting to simpvp.net (or play.simplicitypvp.net) you shouldn't feel the move at all. Everything will just be the exact same as it was before. If you're connecting directly to the IP for some reason, that won't work anymore and you'll have to change that.

The actual downtime will only be a couple minutes, but it will take a bit for the DNS to update. If you're still getting the old server while connecting to simpvp.net, you can temporarily connect to new.simpvp.net which you can be sure points to the new server.

In the meantime I've setup a temporary Minecraft server there, which you can also go to by accessing new.simpvp.net right now. But it will be closed after the real server is moved over, so don't build anything serious there.
hugobros3
in iron armor

Re: We have a new server

Post by hugobros3 »

so you managed to grab a kimsufi :p ?
SilasOfBorg
Donator

Post by SilasOfBorg »

Awesome news Yukar!

What prompted the change? I mean, I know you wanted to, but IIRC it was not an insignificant cost.

Now I *really* want the bastages to fix water-lag.

*sigh*

Maybe 1.8.4. :(
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

I'm about to begin the move now. Will post again when it's complete.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

It did take a bit longer than expected, but we are up and running again now.