New pvp world -- glass

Announcements about changes/updates/downtime/etc
Yukar9
Admin

New pvp world -- glass

Post by Yukar9 »

PvP is reset on schedule, this world has a lot of glass.

And if anybody is interested, the seed for the world is "cactus".

Enjoy.
Yukar9
Admin

Re: New pvp world -- glass

Post by Yukar9 »

Some people have expressed a desire for the pvp world to be removed, what are the thoughts on there not being a pvp world next time as a sort of test?
MisterStrawman
Donator

Post by MisterStrawman »

You're going to drive Xelestia away from the server with this.

I'd be willing to give it a shot, but considering a few other recent steps that have been taken to make the server a little more noob-friendly, this would more than undo them. If we do go through with it, I'd say have a /world ready as a backup in case there's a lot of bitching, but it would be interesting to see if a sort of common trading area comes up.

Most players who are pretty decent at the game don't need a /world, but I will argue that /portals aren't really a comparable replacement, as there isn't much necessary risk in trading or fighting someone in /world. If /world was to make the server "smaller" and encourage more interaction between players (and it does), then getting rid of it will reduce this interaction as well. As far as a test, I think we should have a pre-set short (a week) period of time for it, and probably not the full 2 months. My vote is basically a no, but I'm not really that opposed to it.
morl0ck
pinko commie bastard

Post by morl0ck »

It seems weird to remove /world. We just have had it for so long and I can't think of anything positive that would come of getting rid of it. It makes it convenient to meet up with players for whatever reason and occasionally something funny or entertaining happens there. I mean, what's the reasoning for suddenly wanting to remove it?
SirTashingdon
[rawr]

Post by SirTashingdon »

I think it's great to have a frequently changing place that players can warp to. Players that log in after a period of inactivity will see something entirely new. Also, it's fairly useful for players with alts at different bases to move items between bases or accounts quickly, or for disparate members of a team to share items easily.