A couple changes to the build server

Announcements about changes/updates/downtime/etc
Yukar9
Admin

A couple changes to the build server

Post by Yukar9 »

Because of a server crash a couple of things have changed on the build server. First of all the settings have reset, so the whitelist is reset and you will have to be added on to it again.

I'll use this opportunity to reiterate the rules there:

Anyone on it is free to add other players, (/op them), but only if you know they've read these rules (or you've told them yourself) and you trust the other person to follow them.

Do not grief other people's things.

Don't do unnecessary building. The server's resources are limited, so please don't just worldedit to create huge buildings or whatever just for the fun of it.

Be sure to prefix the name of a world with your playername, so if you want a world named example, name it yukarion-example.

Now the one major change I've done is I've done so you can no longer build in the main world, instead I've added the multiworld plugin, https://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/multiworld-v-2-0/ From now on, please create a new world for each new project you want to build, give each world a sensible name, and be sure to prefix it your name so we know who owns which world. Warps didn't really work well for organizing things, and I've noticed that some people have been flying around aimlessly looking for things or whatever, causing the map to be unnecessarily large. Hopefully by putting each thing into its own world, we'll make it easier to find things you've built, and also you'll know who owns everything.

Click the link above to see the commands you can use, basically you'll want to do /mw create <world name>, then /mw load <world name>, and finally use /mw goto <world name> to go between the different worlds.

If you want to continue working on something you've already built, then first create a world for it, then teleport to where it is in the normal world, and copy it over to the new world using WorldEdit. Note that to select the corners in WorldEdit you will have to use //pos1 and //pos2.
Yukar9
Admin

Re: A couple changes to the build server

Post by Yukar9 »

Also, because it only properly saves the map on restart, I've had it restart automatically every 4 hours.
morl0ck
pinko commie bastard

Post by morl0ck »

Add moi?

+ Renf0x?
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Done :)
Ultra
still building aboveground

Post by Ultra »

Is there any way to generate a superflat world?
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Yes, there is. Read the documentation for multiworld that I linked, it includes all the commands, including how to create worlds with specific generators.
Ultra
still building aboveground

Post by Ultra »

I can't believe that you want me to read all that shit.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

lol
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

For those building events and wanting to use command blocks to teleport players: We don't use the vanilla /tp command, but instead we use one called /tpc that takes following arguments: /tpc <x> <y> <z> <world> <player>, where the events world is called events. So to teleport the player 10 blocks up relative to the command block, you might use: /tpc ~ ~10 ~ events @p[r=10]

I realize this does make it harder to test them out, but you'll have to figure it out for now.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Strike the last part, I've made /tpc work on the events server, and it translates any world named 'events' into whatever world the player is in. So /tpc ~ ~10 ~ events @p[r=10] will work exactly the same on the build server as on the main server.