On base finding methods

Announcements about changes/updates/downtime/etc
Yukar9
Admin

Re: On base finding methods

Post by Yukar9 »

I gathered all the relevant logs for this that I could find. Since a video with some quotes by me has been posted, I think it's only fair everybody see the complete context. Unfortunately I don't have copies of the complete conversation between Dakka and AntHand, and from what I hear the messages have been deleted in discord.
2020-05-09:
[10:32:35] [Server thread/INFO]: [Yukarion] Hey I was AFK
[10:32:37] [Server thread/INFO]: [DakkaDok] wb
[10:32:40] [Server thread/INFO]: [Yukarion] So what is the technique they used?
[10:32:59] [Server thread/INFO]: [DakkaDok] they found a dog bound to a player at the base. dogs look in the direction of their owner regardless of distance apparently
[10:33:16] [Server thread/INFO]: [DakkaDok] so they just teleport the dog around a bunch and triangulate
[10:33:29] [Server thread/INFO]: [Yukarion] Ah interesting trick
[10:33:53] [Server thread/INFO]: [Yukarion] My thought on things like that: I think it's fine if it gives an "inaccurate" direction, like if you just look at the dog manually and see which way it's looking
[10:34:10] [Server thread/INFO]: [Yukarion] But if you use a client to get a very accurate (like 64-bit floating point accuracy) direction, then I think that's cheating
[10:34:10] [Server thread/INFO]: [DakkaDok] right
[10:34:35] [Server thread/INFO]: [DakkaDok] although even manually, if they teleport it to like three different places with /portals they can pretty much pinpoint the coordinates
[10:34:42] [Server thread/INFO]: [Yukarion] Which was the same thing with thunder. You can't hear accurately enough to triangulate bases, but a client that logs exact direction can be used to do that
[10:35:09] [Server thread/INFO]: [DakkaDok] this is easier to do manually, but you still have to find a bound dog first
[10:35:18] [Server thread/INFO]: [Yukarion] Yep
[10:35:29] [Server thread/INFO]: [Yukarion] Do you know if they did it manually or used a client?
[10:35:39] [Server thread/INFO]: [DakkaDok] I don't, I assumed they did it manually, but I will ask
[10:35:45] [Server thread/INFO]: [Yukarion] Ok
[10:35:57] [Server thread/INFO]: [Yukarion] If they didn't, I don't think they should be banned, but it should be made clear that they can't do that anymore
[10:36:35] [Server thread/INFO]: [DakkaDok] oh, you don't think it should be allowed?
[10:36:58] [Server thread/INFO]: [Yukarion] I don't think using a client to get super-accurate directions and then triangulating should be allowed
[10:37:11] [Server thread/INFO]: [DakkaDok] oh you mean if they used a client
[10:37:19] [Server thread/INFO]: [DakkaDok] so you're saying manually should be allowed
[10:37:19] [Server thread/INFO]: [Yukarion] If the vanilla client can't do it, it shouldn't be allowed
[10:37:23] [Server thread/INFO]: [Yukarion] Yeah
[10:37:33] [Server thread/INFO]: [DakkaDok] and I assume you see no reason either to tell people what the technique is?
[10:40:27] [Server thread/INFO]: [Yukarion] No, if it's legit then other people should have to figure it out on their own
[10:40:33] [Server thread/INFO]: [DakkaDok] agreed

Message from DakkaDok, May 20
I'd like to talk about Anthand and egnaroky's base finding method again
I've actually kind of changed my mind about it being okay
For some reason I didn't previously consider that it doesn't just find one base, it finds all bases of a player, forever
Whichever Wilburia member's dog they found, that player can never have a safe base again, which seems more broken to me than I originally thought

Message from Yukar9, May 20
Makes sense. Their method requires teleporting the dog with portals, right?
We could make it so dogs only get teleported by their owner.

Message from DakkaDok, May 20
Yeah, I assume they need to teleport it around to get any sort of accurate location
That would work

May 24: Patch #1 is implemented.

Forum messsage from Dakka, October 31
You may remember some months ago, Anthand and egnaroky found a technique for tracking players using those players' wolves. We ruled that this was against the Rules, disabled sitting pet teleporting in the Portal plugin, and that was that. However, we also agreed not to tell others what the technique had been. Now apparently SkullerG has been telling Anthand he knows what it was, and that it was "common knowledge". Does anyone have any idea how this happened? It's probably not a big deal, but I'd be interested to hear how people found out about this.

(Yukar9 never replied.)

2020-12-14:
[01:01:15] [Server thread/INFO]: AntHand entered /tell Yukarion Hi
[01:01:27] [Server thread/INFO]: AntHand entered /m can you answer some questios about the legality of a potential basefinding method?
[01:01:39] [Server thread/INFO]: Yukarion entered /tell anthand Hi
[01:02:12] [Server thread/INFO]: Yukarion entered /m Yes, I can answer your questions
[01:03:07] [Server thread/INFO]: AntHand entered /m I messaged you this on the forums, but dakka told me any basefinding method outside of flying randomly. or getting someone to leak, is illegal
[01:03:18] [Server thread/INFO]: AntHand entered /m Regardless of whether or not it is vanilla or intended
[01:03:21] [Server thread/INFO]: AntHand entered /m is this true?
[01:03:26] [Server thread/INFO]: Yukarion entered /tell anthand I'll read the forum message

Forum message from AntHand, December 8
Hi Yukarion,

I had a relatively long discussion about the rules with DakkaDok, prompted initially by a question of whether or not one of my new base finding methods was legal or not. Eventually I got the answer that "As a rule, anything that makes finding bases easier than just flying through the nether or getting someone to leak their coordinates is probably not allowed." I was curious if this is an official stance or not, as it seems very repressive to innovation and against the general feel of a semi-anarchy environment. If it is official, then would if be possible to clarify this in the actual /rules? If not, would you be willing to provide a better clarification for why my basefinding method has been deemed illegal whereas others are legal?

Thanks,
Anthand

[01:05:20] [Server thread/INFO]: Yukarion entered /tell anthand The rules say that abuse of glitches that lead to a significant advantage is not allowed
[01:05:28] [Server thread/INFO]: Yukarion entered /m What exactly counts as a glitch is kind of vague
[01:06:10] [Server thread/INFO]: Yukarion entered /m But generally speaking using a game mechanic that was introduced without the game designers considering it could be abused on this kind of anarchy server, is probably glitch abuse
[01:06:28] [Server thread/INFO]: Yukarion entered /m It does depend on the exact glitch though
[01:06:54] [Server thread/INFO]: AntHand entered /m Ok, so for example my basefinding method that used the intended 'dogs follow their owner' mechanic is a glitch?
[01:07:11] [Server thread/INFO]: AntHand entered /m because they made it that way and intended it to be that way, but you and dakka said it was illegal
[01:07:57] [Server thread/INFO]: Yukarion entered /m If I remember correctly, what we said was that you couldn't use mods to do it
[01:08:04] [Server thread/INFO]: Yukarion entered /m and then we disabled teleporting dogs through portals
[01:08:17] [Server thread/INFO]: AntHand entered /m O_O dakka told me that using any dog method was illegal regardless of mods
[01:09:15] [Server thread/INFO]: Yukarion entered /m One thing to consider is that we don't encourage or support people trying to break the game in any way possible
[01:10:07] [Server thread/INFO]: AntHand entered /m well yes, but most vanilla anarchy things break the game, like crystal pvp or obsidian farms
[01:10:12] [Server thread/INFO]: AntHand entered /m are legal
[01:11:00] [Server thread/INFO]: Yukarion entered /m Sure, and in my opinion people try to break the game too much, instead of just playing it
[01:11:26] [Server thread/INFO]: Yukarion entered /m But in terms of enforcing it, it's always a balance
[01:12:18] [Server thread/INFO]: Yukarion entered /m In particular it's about to which degree something destroys the gameplay for others
[01:12:26] [Server thread/INFO]: Yukarion entered /m Lag farms for example
[01:12:48] [Server thread/INFO]: Yukarion entered /m but also exploits that let people find bases
[01:12:56] [Server thread/INFO]: Yukarion entered /m Those things ruin the game too much
[01:13:27] [Server thread/INFO]: AntHand entered /r imo it enchances the game
[01:13:34] [Server thread/INFO]: AntHand entered /m as long as it's vanilla
[01:13:58] [Server thread/INFO]: AntHand entered /m makes things more exciting, gives people a reason to seek out new mechanics
[01:14:14] [Server thread/INFO]: Yukarion entered /m Something like the lightning triangulation exploit, which effectively gives away everybody's coords, completely breaks the game
[01:14:26] [Server thread/INFO]: Yukarion entered /m We obviously can't let people exploit stuff like that
[01:14:56] [Server thread/INFO]: Yukarion entered /m The primary purpose of this server is to let people play the game, not try to break the game
[01:15:26] [Server thread/INFO]: Yukarion entered /m There are other servers, like 2b2t or scicraft, that are more dedicated to breaking the game
[01:15:44] [Server thread/INFO]: AntHand entered /m So illegal basefinding methods are those which target literally everyone with no way of escaping?
[01:16:20] [Server thread/INFO]: Yukarion entered /m Well such exploits would very clearly be illegal, but other exploits can be illegal as well
[01:16:37] [Server thread/INFO]: Yukarion entered /m In the end it's a judgment call that has to be made for each exploit
[01:16:49] [Server thread/INFO]: Yukarion entered /m If you want to be safe, ask about an exploit before using it
[01:16:53] [Server thread/INFO]: AntHand entered /m I just dont want to contact an admin for every new thing I find
[01:16:57] [Server thread/INFO]: AntHand entered /m But ok

2020-12-15:
[21:00:08] [Server thread/INFO]: ostrich1414 entered /msg AntHand also as admin I have to ask, you sure Yukar said this was legal?
[21:00:25] [Server thread/INFO]: AntHand entered /m I have a screenshot of him saying that it is legal as long as I do not use mods to assist
[21:00:39] [Server thread/INFO]: ostrich1414 entered /msg AntHand okay, just making sure
[21:00:45] [Server thread/INFO]: AntHand entered /m However he did imply that he could change his mind at any moment
[21:01:01] [Server thread/INFO]: ostrich1414 entered /msg AntHand aight, cool

Forum message from DakkaDok, January 12
So Anthand just used the dog-head trick to find a major base (again).
Yukar, I hear that you said this was okay. I'm going to argue that it's really not, and that we should disable it ASAP. My main issue with it is that once you have a dog that's linked to an account, that account will never be able to safely base anywhere again. That account will always be trackable, and what's worse, they won't even know that it's happening. I don't think that's good for the server, for basically the same reason that we have a way to get yourself out of a bedtrap. $20 accounts should not be compromisable like this.
In addition to this, Anthand says it's very easy to have other players' dogs stand up, allowing him to teleport them with Portals and completely circumventing that measure.

Forom message from Yukar9, January 13
I see. I thought the countermeasure had fixed this issue. I'll look into other ways to prevent this from being exploited.

2021-01-15:
Note: While I didn't tell AntHand this, patch #2 was already active on the server at this point. By chance, I had asked clipchip to review the patch just minutes before AntHand pinged me:
[01:03:14] [Server thread/INFO]: Yukarion entered /m What do you think of this? https://github.com/C4K3/Misc/commit/75f ... 5994060cf0 (<- this message was to clipchip)

[01:05:43] [Server thread/INFO]: AntHand entered /tell Yukarion Hi yuk
[01:06:13] [Server thread/INFO]: Yukarion entered /tell anthand Hi
[01:06:19] [Server thread/INFO]: AntHand entered /m I understand that there is (yet again) an issue with my basefinding method?
[01:06:45] [Server thread/INFO]: Yukarion entered /tell AntHand As I understand Dakka doesn't like using wolves to basehunt
[01:06:49] [Server thread/INFO]: Yukarion entered /m so we're going to patch it out soon
[01:07:16] [Server thread/INFO]: AntHand entered /m Ok, my question is how do you plan to do that?
[01:07:25] [Server thread/INFO]: Yukarion entered /tell AntHand I don't know
[01:07:40] [Server thread/INFO]: AntHand entered /m alright well
[01:08:12] [Server thread/INFO]: AntHand entered /m you could make it so that they no longer face their owner, but that can be worked around by simply leashing them and watching which direction they walk
[01:08:33] [Server thread/INFO]: AntHand entered /m If you made them no longer follow the owner it would basically remove pets from the game
[01:09:06] [Server thread/INFO]: AntHand entered /m I suppose you could remove pets from the portal's code but tbh you could just use the nether to transport them
[01:09:26] [Server thread/INFO]: AntHand entered /m All of these solutions would likely have workarounds and take effort to implement
[01:09:42] [Server thread/INFO]: AntHand entered /m On the other side of the coin, it *is* simply an intended feature of the game
[01:10:12] [Server thread/INFO]: AntHand entered /m While it is definitely powerful, changing it wouldn't make sense according to the rules
[01:10:44] [Server thread/INFO]: Yukarion entered /tell AntHand It's extremely powerful, ability to track a player indefinitely, with nothing they can do to stop it once you have a wolf
[01:11:09] [Server thread/INFO]: Yukarion entered /m The game designers clearly don't put any effort into protecting people's coords, so I think it's fine for us to patch their issues
[01:11:31] [Server thread/INFO]: AntHand entered /m there are many ways to avoid being tracked
[01:11:42] [Server thread/INFO]: Yukarion entered /tell AntHand Once you've lost a wolf, is there really?
[01:11:45] [Server thread/INFO]: AntHand entered /m yes
[01:12:28] [Server thread/INFO]: AntHand entered /m Wolves also track targets that they are aggroed against, if you had a permanent chunk loader with an entity you have punched, you can create a decoy that throws off potential trackers
[01:13:16] [Server thread/INFO]: AntHand entered /m Also, for AFKing, simply going in a cross-dimentionally plugin portal loop will make it appear to someone tracking that the wolf is randomly spinning around
[01:13:33] [Server thread/INFO]: AntHand entered /m since they dont track across dimentions
[01:14:13] [Server thread/INFO]: AntHand entered /m anyways I dont really have a say in whether or not it's patched
[01:14:29] [Server thread/INFO]: AntHand entered /m I guess my real question is: is it still legal to use this method before a patch is implemented?
[01:14:39] [Server thread/INFO]: Yukarion entered /tell AntHand I suppose
[01:14:43] [Server thread/INFO]: Yukarion entered /m but expect the patch to land today
[01:14:48] [Server thread/INFO]: AntHand entered /m Alright
[01:15:12] [Server thread/INFO]: AntHand entered /m Ill let you know if I find any workarounds to the patch
[01:15:36] [Server thread/INFO]: Yukarion entered /m Ok, thanks
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Since it may become relevant, I'd also like to show how AntHand confirms when told no.
[01:59:27] [Server thread/INFO]: AntHand entered /tell Yukarion I found a fast travel exploit as a result of the arrow patch
[01:59:39] [Server thread/INFO]: Yukarion entered /r Ok
[01:59:42] [Server thread/INFO]: AntHand entered /m is what im doing rn legal?
[01:59:48] [Server thread/INFO]: Yukarion entered /m Probably not
[01:59:58] [Server thread/INFO]: Yukarion entered /m I'd say don't use any new exploits right now
[02:00:22] [Server thread/INFO]: AntHand entered /m I am following the directions outlined in the announcement, I just want to know if I can use this
[02:00:38] [Server thread/INFO]: Yukarion entered /m No
[02:05:20] [Server thread/INFO]: AntHand entered /m Just to be clear Im not allowed to shoot myself with punch 2 bow to fly with elytra?
[02:06:27] [Server thread/INFO]: Yukarion entered /r Yes
[02:06:54] [Server thread/INFO]: Yukarion entered /m You are not allowed to
[02:07:07] [Server thread/INFO]: AntHand entered /m What the heck
Burger
in iron armor

Post by Burger »

I'm seriously struggling to understand why such a blatantly overpowered exploit was allowed in the first place. Even after it was going to be patched out, you gave him the go-ahead to destroy yet another base through flagrantly unfair means while he was still able. Seems like a huge lapse of judgement which cost several major bases.

What is there to prevent this again? I want an unambiguous Rule #4 which bans any non-vanilla basefinding methods.
clipchip
Honorary Admin

Post by clipchip »

People keep reading this as permission to use the glitch 'currently' and saying AntHand can't be banned because of it
[01:14:29] [Server thread/INFO]: AntHand entered /m I guess my real question is: is it still legal to use this method before a patch is implemented?
This was written on 2021-01-15, 4 days after AntHand already abused the glitch to raid Three Words, and also after the patch was running on the server meaning Yukar gave him permission to do nothing at the current moment. "Is it legal..." and "Was it legal..." are very different here because of that detail.

Earlier on 2020-12-15:
[21:00:08] [Server thread/INFO]: ostrich1414 entered /msg AntHand also as admin I have to ask, you sure Yukar said this was legal?
[21:00:25] [Server thread/INFO]: AntHand entered /m I have a screenshot of him saying that it is legal as long as I do not use mods to assist
AntHand here tries to claim he has permission prior to the Three Words raid as long as it does not use a mod. When was this permission granted? According to him it was granted to him on 2020-12-14:
[01:07:57] [Server thread/INFO]: Yukarion entered /m If I remember correctly, what we said was that you couldn't use mods to do it
[01:08:04] [Server thread/INFO]: Yukarion entered /m and then we disabled teleporting dogs through portals
That is a reiteration of the (stupid) rules on the dog exploit before it was patched. I see nowhere in this conversation that grants current permission to use a workaround to the patch. In fact he was explicitly told by Dakka it was not allowed:
[01:03:07] [Server thread/INFO]: AntHand entered /m I messaged you this on the forums, but dakka told me any basefinding method outside of flying randomly. or getting someone to leak, is illegal
And then by Yukar:
[01:09:15] [Server thread/INFO]: Yukarion entered /m One thing to consider is that we don't encourage or support people trying to break the game in any way possible

He might have been able to claim he had been confused and misunderstood what an admin was saying and gotten some mild amount of sympathy, but instead he chose to spend the last few days fully committed to having done absolutely nothing wrong and going as far as attempting to get DakkaDok banned for ever daring to bring this up.
It should now be clear his only defense is twisting the words of admins or just taking them completely out of context.
Ban AntHand
Anthand
[rawr]

Post by Anthand »

clipchip wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:43 pm People keep reading this as permission to use the glitch 'currently' and saying AntHand can't be banned because of it
This was written on 2021-01-15, 4 days after AntHand already abused the glitch to raid Three Words, and also after the patch was running on the server meaning Yukar gave him permission to do nothing at the current moment. "Is it legal..." and "Was it legal..." are very different here because of that detail.

Earlier on 2020-12-15:
AntHand here tries to claim he has permission prior to the Three Words raid as long as it does not use a mod. When was this permission granted? According to him it was granted to him on 2020-12-14:
That is a reiteration of the (stupid) rules on the dog exploit before it was patched. I see nowhere in this conversation that grants current permission to use a workaround to the patch. In fact he was explicitly told by Dakka it was not allowed:
And then by Yukar:

He might have been able to claim he had been confused and misunderstood what an admin was saying and gotten some mild amount of sympathy, but instead he chose to spend the last few days fully committed to having done absolutely nothing wrong and going as far as attempting to get DakkaDok banned for ever daring to bring this up.
It should now be clear his only defense is twisting the words of admins or just taking them completely out of context.
Ban AntHand

Firstly, it's essentially impossible to include every log in a long conversation when making a video, so I do admit to leaving out things that you might think are important. I'll address the December 14 quote first since your argument is dependent on it. My forum message was unanswered for days, I had to message Yukarion in game to get him to read it. In both the forum message and my dms, my questions were: "Is using methods besides flying randomly the only legal base finding" (in response to a DakkaDok statement), and "Is my method still allowed." Yukarion answered the first of those questions with "It depends, ask the admins in each edge case" and the second of the questions with "I believe we said you could do it without using mods." Sure, it's not the most direct yes / no answer, but I'm extremely used to the admins being unintentionally (or intentionally) vague responses, and this cannot be interpreted as a neutral statement or a negative statement.

I don't think I need to talk about the January 15th quote as it is literally blatant permission, but it essentially confirms that December's vague answer meant 'Yes'.

As for the workaround to the patch, if Yukarion at this point was not aware of it, the admins need to really increase their coordination. If it takes more than half a year for word to 'get around' within the small admin community about a known workaround to a patch, then the admin system is broken. Compiling every last message and claim and argument into every successive question is ridiculous - it's not my job to get Yukar and Dakka to do their job.

I believe that covers your argument for my ban (once again). Keep in mind that you didn't have to spend this effort to embarrass yourself clip, and none of these collective hours of human effort spent arguing about this bullshit would have been spent doing literally anything else if DakkaDok chose not to abuse his admin authority.

Yukarion, if you were active on the server discord, it is clear the absolute devastation upon my own character that Dakka's leaks have caused, and again people are calling for my ban despite it being unwarranted. Burger_Malone has threatened to defile 'every build I have' and Lord1 has sworn to commit himself to making me never have fun again on the server. This is all because an admin broke the rules. Do something about it.
Burger
in iron armor

Post by Burger »

Anthand wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:47 pm Firstly, it's essentially impossible to include every log in a long conversation when making a video
Why? You can make the video as long as you want.

Also, for anyone unaware, Yukar said that if anyone else were to ask for permission in such a deliberately dishonest and deceptive way, they would be banned. I'm curious why AntHand gets a(nother) free pass here.
KoriJenkins
in iron armor

Post by KoriJenkins »

Anthand wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:47 pm Yukarion, if you were active on the server discord, it is clear the absolute devastation upon my own character that Dakka's leaks have caused, and again people are calling for my ban despite it being unwarranted. Burger_Malone has threatened to defile 'every build I have' and Lord1 has sworn to commit himself to making me never have fun again on the server. This is all because an admin broke the rules. Do something about it.
AntHand, your actions caused devastation upon your character. You're the equivalent of a captured robber being mad at a witness for testifying against you even though you were caught on camera.

You aren't entitled to respect or fondness. I didn't get on the boards and cry to Yukar every time Dakka slandered me in chat because I didn't care. If you truly believe you did nothing wrong, you wouldn't care so much about whatever DakkaDok said about you.

You're essentially arguing that DakkaDok should be banned for being mean to you, when the meanness comes entirely as a result of your own actions. Had you simply not exploited, you wouldn't be in this situation. This is of your own making, and why you fail to understand that I do not know.

Restating public information is not admin abuse.
Burger
in iron armor

Post by Burger »

My earlier comment might've been buried beneath clip and Ant's essays, but I'd really like a response on what exactly will be done to stop this happening again, because another exploit will inevitably come along and after this I don't really trust the admin's judgement on how fair it is. A rule completely disallowing non-vanilla basefinding methods would be good, in my opinion.

It's unusual to find myself agreeing with clipchip and Kori (especially over someone I used to be fond of), but it seems very obvious that AntHand should be jailed. I doubt many people would disagree when presented with the facts.
Anthand
[rawr]

Post by Anthand »

KoriJenkins wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:11 pm
Anthand wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:47 pm Yukarion, if you were active on the server discord, it is clear the absolute devastation upon my own character that Dakka's leaks have caused, and again people are calling for my ban despite it being unwarranted. Burger_Malone has threatened to defile 'every build I have' and Lord1 has sworn to commit himself to making me never have fun again on the server. This is all because an admin broke the rules. Do something about it.
AntHand, your actions caused devastation upon your character. You're the equivalent of a captured robber being mad at a witness for testifying against you even though you were caught on camera.

You aren't entitled to respect or fondness. I didn't get on the boards and cry to Yukar every time Dakka slandered me in chat because I didn't care. If you truly believe you did nothing wrong, you wouldn't care so much about whatever DakkaDok said about you.

You're essentially arguing that DakkaDok should be banned for being mean to you, when the meanness comes entirely as a result of your own actions. Had you simply not exploited, you wouldn't be in this situation. This is of your own making, and why you fail to understand that I do not know.

Restating public information is not admin abuse.

When it comes to talking to the admins about mechanics and interpretations of the rules, it is imperative that confidentiality be maintained at all times, not only because said information could not have been obtained without the use of an admin position, but also because admins must appear to be trustworthy to effectively run a server. Your analogy to a bank robbing is flawed in this case - this situation is more along the lines of a lawyer violating client confidentiality.

Secondly, I do not care if 'admins mean'. If I did, I would have complained on the forums months ago (My conversations with Dakka often became heated). The same goes for respect and fondness - I am very aware that players pushing the boundaries can be extremely annoying, especially if the admin is already growing out of touch with the server. If you can't see the difference between an abuse of admin power and 'being mean', either you are arguing in bad faith, or are simply not worth talking to.

To address your last point, you are correct: stating public information does not qualify as admin abuse. However at no point in time did I leave any physical or verbal evidence either in game or on the discord linking me to the wolf method. Even when Burger Malone found the remnants of one of my tracking stations, he was unable to find enough conclusive evidence to either figure out what it was, or to confirm I was behind it. One hundred percent of public awareness either came from Yukarion's public plugin updates (and yes, I do not believe those should have been public either), and from DakkaDok. At the time of the leaks, even clipchip knew this information wasn't public; he says it in the evidence sheet. So yes, you are right that public information is public information, but I do not believe that is relevant here.

PS:
I think that's a great idea Burger. A consistent and useable set of rules would be wonderful, I personally hate that I have to clarify things with the admins now, because the current /rules are horrible indicators of what is and isn't allowed. Clearly the admins hate listening to my questions too, so the only reasons I could see for the lack of change is either laziness or desire for direct control.
Burger
in iron armor

Post by Burger »

Anthand wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:37 amEven when Burger Malone found the remnants of one of my tracking stations, he was unable to find enough conclusive evidence to either figure out what it was, or to confirm I was behind it.
Just to clarify: this isn't true, I would have proven it regardless of Dakka's comments, and I feel like you're taking advantage of Yukar being out-of-the-loop to try and get Dakka banned.

Long before Dakka said anything, I already knew for a fact that:
- the portal chain I discovered used the pet basefinding exploit
- Wilburia was found with an exploit
- the chain housed pets belonging to ostrich1414 and TonTheKidRS, both of whom had bases destroyed by the exploit
- ostrich1414's pets were all connected to a room literally named "Wilbur Hub"
- everything was destroyed hours after I revealed my findings to AntHand

This was already more than enough reason, for me, to know that the chain related to Wilburia's discovery. I had already plotted each point onto a graph with details about each location: once I acquired Wilburia coords, I could confirm what I already knew, as the base laid directly between ostrich1414's pets.

I may not be conniving enough to figure out a way to betray all of my allies and destroy their bases (see https://simplicitypvp.net/w/Finding_Wil ... ng_tracked), but don't insult my intelligence by saying I would never have figured out what these incredibly obvious pieces of evidence meant.