Admitting who we are

Announcements about changes/updates/downtime/etc
Yukar9
Admin

Admitting who we are

Post by Yukar9 »

We've all noticed. We all feel it. This server is very different than it was 10 years ago.

There was once a time when the server was active. When you could randomly run into people at any time. When you could have to fight for your life with no warning.

But those days are long gone. Now this server is dominated by one-way portals, elytra flying, and bases millions of blocks out. There just isn't the same spontaneous activity anymore.

Recognizing this, we've decided it's best for the server to lean into its true identity. Therefore simpvp.net will officially be rebranding as simpve.net. We will be disabling pvp in all worlds, and rebranding /world as the meetup world.

We hope you look forward to this new chapter in the server's history as much as I do.
Burger
in iron armor

Re: Admitting who we are

Post by Burger »

Finally!
KoriJenkins
in iron armor

Post by KoriJenkins »

I don't even know who I am
MisterStrawman
Donator

Post by MisterStrawman »

Yukar9 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:53 am We've all noticed. We all feel it. This server is very different than it was 10 years ago.

There was once a time when the server was active. When you could randomly run into people at any time. When you could have to fight for your life with no warning.

But those days are long gone. Now this server is dominated by one-way portals, elytra flying, and bases millions of blocks out. There just isn't the same spontaneous activity anymore.

Recognizing this, we've decided it's best for the server to lean into its true identity. Therefore simpvp.net will officially be rebranding as simpve.net. We will be disabling pvp in all worlds, and rebranding /world as the meetup world.

We hope you look forward to this new chapter in the server's history as much as I do.
THIS IS THE BIGGEST LOAD OFF BULLSHIT IVE EVER SEEN. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!!

"There was once a time when the server was active" THIS IS BASICALLY THE MOST ACTIVE WE'VE EVER BEEN. DID YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT THIS?! DID YOU EVEN ASK THE PLAYERS WHAT THEY THINK? THIS IS GOING TO RIUN THE SERVER PEMANENTLY YOU ARE SO OUT OF TOUCH. YOU DONT EVEN PLAY ANYMORE. I'M GOING TO QUIT AND START MY OWN SERVER AND EVERYONE IS GOING TO COME WITH ME BECAUSE THEY WONT STAND FOR THIS SHIT. NOBODY WANTS TO PLAY HERE ANYMORE. HAVE FUN NOT BEING ABLE TO ENJOY THE GAME ON THIS LAGGY SHITTY SERVER. I'M FUCKING DONE
brunovera
wannabe troll, flaming us by entering arbitrary words in capslock

Post by brunovera »

I don't really think that making pvp only be in world is a great choice, could possibly make some players quit... the server is fine as is, and the activity is a lot more than before, so i don't really agree with this
clipchip
Honorary Admin

Post by clipchip »

MisterStrawman wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:39 am THIS IS THE BIGGEST LOAD OFF BULLSHIT IVE EVER SEEN. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!!

"There was once a time when the server was active" THIS IS BASICALLY THE MOST ACTIVE WE'VE EVER BEEN. DID YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT THIS?! DID YOU EVEN ASK THE PLAYERS WHAT THEY THINK? THIS IS GOING TO RIUN THE SERVER PEMANENTLY YOU ARE SO OUT OF TOUCH. YOU DONT EVEN PLAY ANYMORE. I'M GOING TO QUIT AND START MY OWN SERVER AND EVERYONE IS GOING TO COME WITH ME BECAUSE THEY WONT STAND FOR THIS SHIT. NOBODY WANTS TO PLAY HERE ANYMORE. HAVE FUN NOT BEING ABLE TO ENJOY THE GAME ON THIS LAGGY SHITTY SERVER. I'M FUCKING DONE
exactly my thoughts. i'm going to need a second manifesto. please send me the ip if you do start a new server i've HAD IT with this yuakrion guy.
ExtremeBleach

Post by ExtremeBleach »

at last, been too long that the server has been a lame pvp server.
Matho95

Post by Matho95 »

MisterStrawman wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:39 am
Yukar9 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:53 am We've all noticed. We all feel it. This server is very different than it was 10 years ago.

lol you do realise that this is an april fools joke right?
MisterStrawman
Donator

Post by MisterStrawman »

Matho95 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:30 pm
MisterStrawman wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:39 am

lol you do realise that this is an april fools joke right?
No it's not, it was posted on March 31st. This will be the last time I post here, I don't care what anyone says, I'm done.