Introducing simplicitypvp.net/vote

Announcements about changes/updates/downtime/etc
Yukar9
Admin

Introducing simplicitypvp.net/vote

Post by Yukar9 »

Votes on the forum are too much of a hassle to mess with, it's just too annoying having to use phpbb for votes. So from now on votes will be carried out at
http://simplicitypvp.net/vote
There votes are automatically tallied up, and everything is saved in plaintext, which is inefficient for large databases needed for say forums, but very efficient if your an admin who needs to quickly change some stuff/revert votes/etc.

I haven't made any login/account system for it (yet; might come if we need to do a bunch of votes), so anybody can go there and vote. This does mean that the votes counted are not necessarily the correct amount, if say Bob votes 10 times for Yes then the computer will just count and show all 10 votes for Yes, it won't be til I notice the votes that it'll be reverted and the actual amount of votes will be shown. I will try and go through new votes everyday, but I can't promise that it'll constantly be an accurate amount of votes shown. I can however promise that all votes will be reviewed by the end of the vote, so no double votes will effect the outcome of the vote.

As no account system has been made, you can only change your vote manually, this is done quite simply by sending a private message here stating you want to change your vote to whatever you want it changed to, and exactly what your ingame name is in case your forum name is different.

Additionally I will be making the page look better and so on over time (I need to add some more text, explanations, link to main suggestion thread, bar between both sides, whatever I can think of), so it may be bugged/down for short durations while I work at it.

Accidental double-votes will result in only the extra votes being reverted, intentional double-votes will result in all your votes being reverted (essentially mis-using the system will result in you losing the right to vote).

Right, guess that about covers it, happy voting :D
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Re: Introducing simplicitypvp.net/vote

Post by RevStoningpot »

so does this mean one vote per ip?
starryrose
wannabe troll, flaming us by entering arbitrary words in capslock

Post by starryrose »

I cant get on it says I have the wrong server key or whatever, did the ip change if so please tell me..... and also says its outdated
RevStoningpot
Moron

Post by RevStoningpot »

give it time rose. first yukar needs to wake up and find out the update happened then he needs to wait around till bukkit updates.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

No, that's just poor connection. The reason you can't get in is because you've updated minecraft
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

No, it means one vote per person. I compare the entered character name and IP with logs, so if RevStoningpot voted from xxx.xzx.yy.xy, then I go to the minecraft logs and search for xxx.xzx.yy.xy and if I can see RevStoningpot has logged in from that IP, I know it's a genuine vote. If somebody entered a vote claiming to be RevStoningpot from an IP that has never connected to the server, I'd see it as a fake vote and revert it. Equally if somebody votes while entering an username that has never connected to the server, it would be reverted. (equally if they don't enter it at all)
ccrh
[rawr]

Post by ccrh »

that is an epic idea
RevStoningpot
Moron

Post by RevStoningpot »

IPs arn't always static a persons ip could change at any time. But I guess it's really not a problem untill you get 2 of the same person
J_Prime
wannabe troll, flaming us by entering arbitrary words in capslock

Post by J_Prime »

Yukar9,

Could I please change my vote to "yes"? I now support the Map Limit. I tried to PM you, but it kept saying "no recipient defined".

Johnny_Prime
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Done