Announcements about changes/updates/downtime/etc
Yukar9
Admin

World boundary result

Post by Yukar9 »

End result is

For: 48
Against: 46

I have no exact date for implementation of boundary, but it will be properly announced before time.

Questions can be posted here or on the Q/A page
Box
in iron armor

Re: World boundary result

Post by Box »

Congratulations winning side, good game.
TLRedemption
Noob

Post by TLRedemption »

Thought it was 49 for us and 48 for them? were those 3 fake? how?
pianiseemo
OP

Post by pianiseemo »

Well, it's unfortunate that no matter what half the server leaves.

Anyways, I'm still happy.
Xestia
OP

Post by Xestia »

What were votes before removing?

Sorry for asking again, but are you sure no real vote was removed?
Jindol
[rawr]

Post by Jindol »

How exactly do you intend to enforce the boundary?

And seeing that almost 50% of the People playing are against it i dont think of it as a good idea because the pvplers would stay at spawn anyway. Also, pissing off people that set up bases outside of the 5k Border and forcing them to move and rebuilt cant be good for the server population.

Btw, could you allow me to make a copy of the existing world so that I can open another Server for those who dislike the idea of beeing imprisioned behind a border?
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

a 50-50 vote doesn't relly show actual support for a map limit things shold've just been left a lone. This has been as much bull shit as the bush gore election. First you exclude people from voting then you change the outcome with a recount. but went above and beyond by constantly changing the election date. Even bush never pulled that off.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

It was even 49-49 before I started removing fake votes today.

How it will be enforced is explained in the Q/A
http://simplicitypvp.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=513

Server's change, change is inevitable and will in some cases result in people abandoning what has been changed. We lose a lot of players frequently anyway, and at the same time gain more new players. It wouln't be fair to say that after the result is over, I overrule the vote to avoid angering half the population. What would happen to the other half then? It's a situation where it's impossible to satisfy everybody.

I have only excluded people who quite obviously intentionally misuse the system. I have not excluded any person who simply made a mistake or misunderstood the voting system. The recount was a necessity, I know it wasn't optimal, but as you yourself was complaining against cheat, it was to either let people cheat, or to recount. It was my decision to choose the latter, I still stand by that decision.

Excluding the recount and the even vote, I have not changed the date. I originally asked if december 1st would be an appropriate date, but not at single person responded at all. I then decided on the date as december 7th myself. You're right in it would have been better to stay with the original proposition to avoid any confusion, and now I can't see why I did decide to set it to the 7th, but it still has not had that great an impact.

I find it annoying I have to defend myself against this, I've done what I could to give everybody the chance to do a fair vote. I don't think it's fair I'm being targeted now that the vote is over.
Jindol
[rawr]

Post by Jindol »

I have not excluded any person who simply made a mistake or misunderstood the voting system.
Did you exclude votes of people who, lets say just logged in once just to be able to vote? I smell something fishy.
By the way, will i be allowed to make a world copy of this server without a border?
Might as well be banned from it then, i dont see the point in living inside a border when my base and all i've worked for is far away outside the border....
Box
in iron armor

Post by Box »

You've done good, Yukar. Thanks for hosting the vote for us. Now it's left to see if what we've been working on outside the limit could be sold off as scrap metal.