Introducing Capture the Sign

Announcements about changes/updates/downtime/etc
Yukar9
Admin

Introducing Capture the Sign

Post by Yukar9 »

http://simplicitypvp.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=527

At the coordinates x:1000 z:1000 there is a small protected area that looks just like that, the sign however is not protected. We're going to have a server-wide event, where the goal will be to put your name on the sign. Then tomorrow (Sunday, the 19th) whichever name is on the sign at the finale, gets a nice diamond reward sponsored by the hackers of simplicity.

The finale time will be somewhere between 7 PM and 11 PM GMT+1, the exact time is secret, only I know the exact time (it's predetermined to prevent any bias on my side,) so you have to be able to defend it for all 4 hours to be sure you get the reward.

If there is only one name on the sign, that person will get the reward, if there are multiple, the reward will be shared among all the people whose name is on the sign. If you're a team, you only need to put one team members name on the sign, then this one team member will receive all the loot, and hopefully share it with the rest of his team. If you can't trust your team members however, it'd be best if you put all your names on the sign.

To give an example, let's say the secret time turns out to be at 10:47 PM, so let's say pianiseemo and CaptainKirov have been defending it all day, but at 10:34 Yukar9 and mitte90 run in, kill them and change the sign to say Yukar9 and mitte90, then they manage to defend it until 10:47, this means Yukar9 and mitte90 share the reward. But if they decided to just put Yukar9's name on it, so the sign just says Yukar9, Yukar9 will get the entire reward, and then it's his decision if he wants to share it with mitte90 (or anybody else, for that matter.)

The entire area around the little 3x3x4 building is completely unprotected, you're allowed to build whatever you want, if you want to build a fortress around the sign, to better protect it, you're allowed to do so.

Finally, this one event is a test event, if everything goes well, we'll begin holding this kinda thing regularly. This also means I'd like to receive suggestions and improvements here.
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Re: Introducing Capture the Sign

Post by RevStoningpot »

it sounds all good how you've got it. wish i could play
Box
in iron armor

Post by Box »

I approve of this message.
TLRedemption
Noob

Post by TLRedemption »

I probably won't make it, but i wish everyone luck (except assas and IMMERONE i hope they lose)
Bloop the poop
Moron

Post by Bloop the poop »

I like it! That reminds me, I better get on those rewards.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Sign still says Yukar9, if it keeps going like this it looks like I'm getting the reward! :S
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Event has just ended with YoungsMC, Xestia, and Plankerman splitting the reward.
YoungsMC
in diamond armor

Post by YoungsMC »

This is a great way to introduce more PvP to the server.
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

agreed also it pulls the pvp away from the spawn. Is it rotating now to the next 1/4?
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Well, I've barely gotten any comments on how it went. If people like it (and say so) it'll go rotate to #2/4 next sunday