message highlighter

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started
el_andres96
hated the previously assigned rank

message highlighter

Post by el_andres96 »

I think it would be nice to have a plugin or a feature to be able to choose a person and their messages get highlighted on chat. I think this would be useful a lot for being able to easily see when your team talks to you or if you are trying to have a conversation with someone. I find myself missing messages directed to me often when there is a lot of people on the server spamming the chat so this would be pretty useful for those situations. Let me know what you all think.
Yukar9
Admin

Re: message highlighter

Post by Yukar9 »

This is possible using improved chat.
Azdin
still building aboveground

Post by Azdin »

What’s improved chat?
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

It's a client side mod.

Apparently it's not being updated anymore, looks like the new chat mod is Chat Tweaks https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/chat-tweaks (I haven't tried it myself.)
WolfBitten
[rawr]

Post by WolfBitten »

I really like this idea and already understand it is in motion. I also think it'd be nice to have the option to turn the chat completely off and only receive private messages. Also, is there a way to see a list of people you have /ignored?
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

I don't believe there's any work in progress to do any of this on the server side, but if there's something you want that's not possible using the client mod I linked above, then we can talk about it.

You can change your Chat settings to only get command output, I believe that'll still show PMs but it will not show public chat.

You can get a list of people you've ignored by doing /ignore.