AFK Plugin

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started
nddragoon
wannabe troll, flaming us by entering arbitrary words in capslock

AFK Plugin

Post by nddragoon »

I propose adding some kind of way for people to know when someone's AFK. They can activate it with /afk or by standing still 5 minutes and deactivate it automatically when they move or type something in public chat. A message would appear in chat that the player is afk, and an [AFK] tag would be applied next to their name tags and in the player list.

If you wanna prevent spam, it could work like with the /world list, as in, people would have to write /afklist subscribe or something like that to see the messages, but could still see the [AFK] tag.

I think this could be useful to avoid wasting time trying to reach out to people who are AFK
clipchip
Honorary Admin

Re: AFK Plugin

Post by clipchip »

this seems like an invasion of privacy, i sometimes don't want people to be able to know if i'm afk or not, even if you could opt out of that i think the [AFK] tag would make the tab list look kind of cluttered and ugly.
morl0ck
pinko commie bastard

Post by morl0ck »

How about it only shows up when someone tries to PM you and only if you manually typed /afk. It would also be cool if you could put in a string after afk like:

/afk 'be back at 2pm'

so for someone who tried to PM you they'd get a reply like

-->clipchip hey clip i found you a date you can stop jacking off now
<--clipchip [AFK since 12:05 with message 'brb playing with my dick']
ostrich1414
Wiki Janitor

Post by ostrich1414 »

I'm cool with a manual command you type on your own at your leisure, but the idea of it being enabled/disabled based on movement is one I'm less cool with, especially when I'm pretending to be AFK but I'm secretly wandering around the Vault...
nddragoon
wannabe troll, flaming us by entering arbitrary words in capslock

Post by nddragoon »

ostrich1414 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:48 pmespecially when I'm pretending to be AFK but I'm secretly wandering around the Vault...
hmmmmm

Anyway, i guess it's fair to make it completely manual
MisterStrawman
Donator

Post by MisterStrawman »

Same, I'm for it if it's completely manual.