Nether Roof Re-enabling (again)

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started

Should the nether roof be made accessible again?

Poll ended at Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:40 pm

Yes
41%
No
41%
I have no strong feelings one way or the other
18%

Total votes: 22

DakkaDok
OP

Nether Roof Re-enabling (again)

Post by DakkaDok »

Some people want the nether roof to be re-enabled, and since it's been almost a year since the last time someone suggested this I guess I'm making a thread about it. The vote will be up for a week.
Two quick reminders: Using alts to vote multiple times is against our rules and will get you banned, and the result of this poll is not guaranteed to have any effect. The final decision, as always, lies with the admins.
nddragoon
wannabe troll, flaming us by entering arbitrary words in capslock

Re: Nether Roof Re-enabling (again)

Post by nddragoon »

It would let people interact more and it'd make the server more active. It'd also bring back the fear of being found which imo is the best part of anarchy, also it'd be almost impossible to just stumble upon a base by just making portals on the roof randomly, so the only way to stumble across a base would be if the owner already made a portal on the roof, so those who don't want to travel through the roof can "opt out" from roof activity.
AtacFauxpas

Post by AtacFauxpas »

It ain’t intended, and it would probably decrease interactions between players to nil because there is practically no risk of having your base discovered with the proper precautions.
Last edited by AtacFauxpas on Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DakkaDok
OP

Post by DakkaDok »

nddragoon, you claim that it would make it easier to find bases, but also that it wouldn't be easier for someone to find your base. I don't see how those two go together.
A. Pippenger
in diamond armor

Post by A. Pippenger »

I don't really give a fuck, but lean slightly in favor of enabling it
nddragoon

Post by nddragoon »

DakkaDok wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:16 pm nddragoon, you claim that it would make it easier to find bases, but also that it wouldn't be easier for someone to find your base. I don't see how those two go together.
Ok so there are 2 options for each person, they can either use the roof by having a portal there, risking being found when exploring the roof, or they can not use the roof and not risk their roof portal being found
DakkaDok
OP

Post by DakkaDok »

You can easily break the portal after using it, which to me sounds like it would overall decrease interaction by allowing people to travel with near zero chance of finding anyone.
el_andres96
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by el_andres96 »

Quoting Lone from the first thread made about this topic

"The nether was supposed to allow quicker travel at the risk of getting your ass burnt when you played with the fire. Now your travel goes a solid 12x faster because you don't have to worry about any interruptions at all."

I don't think it should be allowed as it does take out the main purpose of nether travel.
clipchip
Honorary Admin

Post by clipchip »

If you glitch a fast horse onto the roof, press your w key down and leave for the night (lets say 8 hours or so) you're out 3 million blocks in the overworld. No user input, food, or risk whatsoever. Instead of lagging out the server with noobs loading chunks 24/7 just add a fucking teleport command if you think this is a good idea.
tupik

Post by tupik »

clipchip wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:59 am If you glitch a fast horse onto the roof, press your w key down and leave for the night (lets say 8 hours or so) you're out 3 million blocks in the overworld. No user input, food, or risk whatsoever. Instead of lagging out the server with noobs loading chunks 24/7 just add a fucking teleport command if you think this is a good idea.
You cant get a horse above the nether, silly man.