Phantoms are just stupid

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started
talksalot011
[rawr]

Re: Phantoms are just stupid

Post by talksalot011 »

We should just ban them, I hate them so much
CranberryWarrior
wannabe troll, flaming us by entering arbitrary words in capslock

Post by CranberryWarrior »

can we pls just ban phantoms already there wicked annoying and i think everyone on the server is agaistn them, i like yukar's idea of a command also
talksalot011
[rawr]

Post by talksalot011 »

Banning them is the best solution, that's it.
hugobros3
in iron armor

Post by hugobros3 »

reeeeeee
move them
wannabe troll, flaming us by entering arbitrary words in capslock

Post by 086 »

Phantoms are annoying, but they're part of the vanilla game and provide the materials to repair elytra and create slow falling potions. They shouldn't be removed just because you don't like them.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

I'll say the same thing I said on the last thread that came up about this.

We will not remove phantoms from the game, they're a mob in vanilla and they're needed for various game mechanics.

The requiring people to sleep thing is however not great, as that resets your spawn point. If people can come up with and agree on a nice mechanic that bypasses that, we may do that.
MisterStrawman
Donator

Post by MisterStrawman »

I think the easiest thing is just a command to be able to toggle them. Maybe even have a 100 hour restriction on it, so that you have to at least play the game enough to prove you can survive them, if anyone thinks it makes the initial survival too easy. I do think that it should be unlockable in some way, not necessarily hour, clip had a few ideas in a previous post. I do think that new players should have to deal with them at least just starting out though.

We certainly don't want to outright ban them, but at some point, we want to be able to afk without having to worry about them. This would solve that.
MisterStrawman
Donator

Post by MisterStrawman »

Everbad (who wanted me to post this because he was too lazy to log onto his account wrote: Change timer to one real life day and not 3 game days PLZZZZZZZ!!!!!
clipchip
Honorary Admin

Post by clipchip »

Yukar mentioned a possible restriction of needing to kill 100 phantoms for access to toggle them on the server, would be a pretty good solution imo
MisterStrawman
Donator

Post by MisterStrawman »

Yeah, I can agree with that.