Suggest better AntiSpam

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started
SengornLeopard
[rawr]

Suggest better AntiSpam

Post by SengornLeopard »

I do already /ignore people who do nothing except spam. However there are some players which I do not wish to /ignore.
Players will send the same message in chat 4-5 times in a row, an example such as:

<player> What do you mean

That by itself is not particularly annoying. However there is a growing trend of when one player spams, several other players join in, creating a long text wall. This bandwagon effect makes it much more annoying. I can't justify /ignore for player I am friends with, but post a message four times in a row. Sometimes it is the result of a group of players each making a single chat message such as:

<player_1> hsdfhjasfgdgbvlcajksdfbclasjkfdghvbacsdjkhvacnsdjkfbvcasjkdvbcalsfkjdvba fjksvba fdkjv
wjkgbvaeldfjkbvaldjkfbvaldfjkbvadfjkbvane;baerjksfbvaefjksbvafdjkbvadfjksbva;ejfksbvafjksbvabfjkv
jkavdbnfkja bdfsvkjbans;djlhfvncw'EAKJDpeo;alsdkxAO;LFKCMW'SDKL;VJNMCEKLFSDVNCASJDBVNCAK
<player_2> adfjkbvhnlaejksdhfvncajksdfhnacfjksbvafjksdhvnckjsdfhncwjksdbvnafjksbvadfjkvb djkfb,v
ejkfvncajksdfbnCWJKELAFHNWJKsdbfcnkjsdfhnc;sdklvhncaeskldfjcwlefdkcmlsdbfvncksfj,dbmvncjksd
elrjkgsbnfa;kjsldfhn;wekldfjmwekljdfmw'ekdlfnwjsdfhnwjkefhndwekljdmwekldnfjksdhnveaklsdfjwdlfj

I have seen servers which eliminate spam with a plugin that combines repeated messages or stops the same message from being said twice in a row. However said plugins are very annoying at times. Could the server admins look into possibly finding a method to reduce this bandwagon effect spam?This method of spam is becoming increasingly more popular.
A. Pippenger
in diamond armor

Re: Suggest better AntiSpam

Post by A. Pippenger »

Yes please. Anti-spam isn't exactly 100% vanilla but it's fucking unbearable lately. People think if something isn't funny the first time, it will be funny the hundredth time in a row, and if they also get all their friends to say it. Guess what, it's actually not.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Feel free to implement (or get somebody to implement) improvements yourself: https://github.com/C4K3/NoSpam

Or if you think we should use another antispam plugin, link it and explain why.
MisterStrawman
Donator

Post by MisterStrawman »

A. Pippenger wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:44 am Yes please. Anti-spam isn't exactly 100% vanilla but it's fucking unbearable lately. People think if something isn't funny the first time, it will be funny the hundredth time in a row, and if they also get all their friends to say it. Guess what, it's actually not.

Yes please. Anti-spam isn't exactly 100% vanilla but it's fucking unbearable lately. People think if something isn't funny the first time, it will be funny the hundredth time in a row, and if they also get all their friends to say it. Guess what, it's actually not.

Is it funny yet?
SengornLeopard
[rawr]

Post by SengornLeopard »

Bump as still relevant. Please look into solutions admins.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Has it been worse than usual lately? As before, you're still welcome to submit changes to the plugin.
SengornLeopard
[rawr]

Post by SengornLeopard »

Yukar9 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:23 am Has it been worse than usual lately? As before, you're still welcome to submit changes to the plugin.
I don't really have expertise with minecraft plugins. It has been worse than usual in my opinion, it seems every day I experience a group of players take turns repeating the same thing in chat until it fills up the entire screen. Using multiple people to take turns is a means of avoiding the current plugin while still doing the same thing to the chat. I have some screenshots from the past few days if you want to see what i'm talking about.

I can suggest a different plugin if you're willing to set it up. The downside is you also have to remember to disable the default swearword censor, but it is supposed to be very easy to customize.

>Block chat until player moves on join (Prevent bots joining and spamming)
>Block the same or similar messages and commands
>Set the delay between messages and commands
>Get notified when somebody mentions you in the chat or if you receive '/tell', '/r' (or any specified message)
Customizable sound, volume and pitch
>The plugin is compatible from Craftbukkit 1.2.5 to the latest Spigot / Paper (and the vast majority of versions in between).
Plugin doesn't use NMS access so it will most likely not break upon next release
>Use "/chc list" to display all available commands of the plugin.

https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/chat ... LZdmuVOJ2o