Poll: Reset phantom timer by relog, rather than sleep

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started

Should the phantom timer reset by relogging, rather than by sleeping?

Yes
85%
No
15%

Total votes: 20

Burger
in iron armor

Re: Poll: Reset phantom timer by relog, rather than sleep

Post by Burger »

DakkaDok wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:41 pm I don't know how the code would work exactly, is it possible to only count "voluntary" logouts to count against the timer, so that forced kicks from restarts wouldn't reset it? Or is that all the same action in the code?
SkullerG wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:11 am To be completely honest, it wouldn’t be hard to code a command that allows this feature to be enabled.
I'm hoping some people with knowledge of this stuff can weigh in, cos I have no idea. A command to enable/disable this seems like an even better compromise, and probably a lot easier to code. But personally I think "people who need phantom membranes" are almost non-existent.

Generally speaking the poll already shows a clear consensus from the community, so I'm hoping Yukar at least does something about phantoms.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Moved to Suggestions.

Just a note: I'm not going to implement that, I'll leave that to all of you to figure out.
Burger
in iron armor

Post by Burger »

Yukar9 wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:52 pm Just a note: I'm not going to implement that, I'll leave that to all of you to figure out.
I take it this means someone had to code the fix and just give it to you to implement? I've messaged the only people on SimPVP who I'm aware can code so hopefully they come up with something.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Could also make it so that the timer resets when you place/remove a bed.
Burger
in iron armor

Post by Burger »

clipchip put this together: https://github.com/Melvin3000/NoPhantoms

It would let players toggle phantoms spawning, provided they have unlocked the 'Two Birds, One Arrow' achievement. While this isn't the exact idea voted by 85% of people, the poll shows an obvious community desire to fix phantoms, and clipchip's code presents an equally satisfactory solution.

Edit: Looks like the necessary requirement to unlock the command can be easily changed if you want, but imo it's perfect as it is.