SimPvP Diplomacy Game

Discuss anything not related to minecraft
DakkaDok
OP

SimPvP Diplomacy Game

Post by DakkaDok »

I'm going to try to run a match of Diplomacy in the near future. It's a board game that has been adapted to work online, directly in your browser (no download required, though you will need a free account). The rules are fairly simple, I will link to them below. If you have questions after reading the official intro page, I can answer them here or in Discord PMs. First though, the basic concept:

Games are played over phases. Each phase takes one IRL day (24 hours) or until all players have checked their "ready" box. A whole match usually takes about an IRL month, but some players will be eliminated earlier than that. As such, each player is required to check in at least once per 24 hour phase. If a player quits halfway through the match, it will ruin the experience for everyone else, so I'd ask that you only join if you're interested in playing through the whole thing, even if you start losing. It's only 5 minutes a day.

Rules:
https://webdiplomacy.net/intro.php

If this sounds interesting to you, and you are confident that you can keep playing for 5 minutes a day over a month or so, message me on Discord or ingame for an invite.
DakkaDok
OP

Re: SimPvP Diplomacy Game

Post by DakkaDok »

Update, seven players have been found and the game has started. If it goes well, I'll try to do it again sometime.