World upgrades

General minecraft related topics
Yukar9
Admin

World upgrades

Post by Yukar9 »

I've been testing out world upgrading on 1.13.2. But I'm having the problem that when stopping and resuming an upgrade, it'll get stuck at the stopped percentage. So if it was at 38% and I stopped it, and then resumed it, then it just stays stuck at 38% on resuming it forever.

Has anybody else encountered this? Maybe know what the fix is?

If we can't get partial upgrading working, then we may have to take the server down for a complete upgrade, which would be a lot of downtime.
ostrich1414
Wiki Janitor

Re: World upgrades

Post by ostrich1414 »

Just to weigh in my opinion, I am fine with taking the server down fully for a complete upgrade, I have no problem with it at all; I'd rather the server go down for quite some time to ensure an efficient, full upgrade rather than leave it up and have it all be fucked up.
MisterStrawman
Donator

Post by MisterStrawman »

Yukar9 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:15 pm know what the fix is?
Don't stop it.
morl0ck
pinko commie bastard

Post by morl0ck »

I wouldn't care if we just never upgraded. This update is shit and all future updates will be too.
MisterStrawman
Donator

Post by MisterStrawman »

morl0ck wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:49 pm I wouldn't care if we just never upgraded. This update is shit and all future updates will be too.
Honestly, that's about where I am.
morl0ck
pinko commie bastard

Post by morl0ck »

I wonder how many of my redstone machines or farms will break because they decided to change the timing of pistons or some other bullshit.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

I think I have an idea on what's happening when it "freezes", it doesn't really freeze, it just has trouble loading our spawn (and possibly other places.)

If I move our r.0.0.mca file into a 1.13 server's region directory, then it gets stuck "Preparing spawn area", so something is causing it to have trouble loading that file. (Not that it's only that file, it's just the one I'm testing with now.)
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

It seems to be related to the data directory, if I delete the world/data directory, then it seems to be able to upgrade the world without problems.