Exploring the old map

General simplicitypvp.net related topics
4Bilota
[rawr]

Exploring the old map

Post by 4Bilota »

I decided to download the old map to check it out and explore the old map. Here are some things I found https://imgur.com/a/nkKSpgK/. Looking through the region files the farthest out area I found was at 70,300 4,000, a corpse and some mines were there, that's all. Thanks to a player they were able to scan the map for all of the signs and put them all into a .txt + cords http://www.mediafire.com/file/0q006x89n ... t.zip/file (ctrl + f to search for key words.) I'll update this as I find more.
Azdin
still building aboveground

Re: Exploring the old map

Post by Azdin »

Is doing this with signs legal admins? Basically X-ray for underground bases
clipchip
Honorary Admin

Post by clipchip »

definitely not. im expecting a 1 year ban admins this is way more harmful than minimaps
4Bilota
[rawr]

Post by 4Bilota »

The map that was scanned for signs was the old 1.7 map that reset now 9 years ago https://simplicitypvp.net/w/List_of_tor ... he_1.7_map
I'm sure using a program to find signs and /tp and spectator to find old places on a map that hasn't been used in 9 years is fine. Yukarion released the old map files for other people to explore them and go see your original place, so I'm sure what I did with the map was fine, it also doesn't benefit me on the current map in any way, only thing that benefits me is my own curiosity. Of course I would never do this to the current map as that is xray and easily bannable. Yukar do you wanna confirm what I did with the old map world is fine/wrong?
clipchip
Honorary Admin

Post by clipchip »

hey listen just because it's 9 years old doesnt meant you dont have to follow simpvp rules. you cant just go xray at Eden because none of the people who built it are around anymore and say you arent getting a big advantage
4Bilota
[rawr]

Post by 4Bilota »

clipchip wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:33 pm hey listen just because it's 9 years old doesnt meant you dont have to follow simpvp rules. you cant just go xray at Eden because none of the people who built it are around anymore and say you arent getting a big advantage
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic and messing with me, but I think you're missing what I was saying. The map was reset in September 2011, I was exploring the old map before the reset. When the server reset a brand new world was loaded and the old map was removed off the server and put on the wiki for public use. The files are public and anyone can download and do the same. Ofc I can't go xray at Eden, that base was made right after the fresh new map, aka the current map.
clipchip
Honorary Admin

Post by clipchip »

like i said, in your photos you can clearly see xray and how u used it to find some guys items which i bet you brought straight back to your personal base, u can not just use some external program to search downloads of the world that is treated exactly the same as doing it on the server. this is a clear cut case of cheating
Azdin
still building aboveground

Post by Azdin »

I didn't realize "the old map" was one that was released prior to the current map. And yes, clip is fucking with you