Poll: Keep TNT duping enabled

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started

Should TNT duping remain enabled?

Yes
84%
No, disable it
16%

Total votes: 31

morl0ck
pinko commie bastard

Re: Poll: Keep TNT duping enabled

Post by morl0ck »

That's an interesting comment by Mojang though Dak. They said:
We're a fair ways off from that. While fishing farms and 0-tick farms were pure exploits that didn't need replacements (lily pads aside), TNT dupers fill a slot in the game that the intended game mechanics still cannot.
It seems that they're keeping this "bug" in the game on purpose, because like you said, you can do things with them that are impossible otherwise. To me, this makes it similar to the BUD switch mechantic/ bug, which they still have not patched. It seems strange to patch it out when Mojang is purposefully leaving it in the game.
Nherio
wannabe troll, flaming us by entering arbitrary words in capslock

Post by Nherio »

If the owner is reading this, mojang's position on the issue is that there is no alternative for the mechanic tnt duping provides. If you are aware of their position then why would you patch it? Using your logic you should then disable everything OP like elytras or villager trading. Also I noticed this server has /world so i mean its not fully vanilla anyway
DakkaDok
OP

Post by DakkaDok »

These arguments have been gone over many times, so I'll keep this quick:
Our goal is neither to exactly mirror Mojang's intentions, nor to make a completely vanilla game. Our goal is to make as good a Minecraft experience as possible according to the Owner's preferences, and to some degree, according to the playerbase.
KoriJenkins
in iron armor

Post by KoriJenkins »

DakkaDok wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:48 am These arguments have been gone over many times, so I'll keep this quick:
Our goal is neither to exactly mirror Mojang's intentions, nor to make a completely vanilla game. Our goal is to make as good a Minecraft experience as possible according to the Owner's preferences, and to some degree, according to the playerbase.
While most understand that this isn't a democracy where group votes decide outcomes, it's important to note that other servers do not feature tnt duping.

All that being said, there isn't much of a reason to disable it. It is not the primary source of lag, we've already seen that pigmen, minecarts, and hoppers are. Ideally entity cramming for the purpose of killing pigmen would go before tnt duping if making a "good Minecraft experience" is the goal. I doubt Yukar's ideal server features a steady 9 TPS with 20 players online due to lazy builders refusing to just drop the pigmen to kill them like normal people.