Collective /world building

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started
morl0ck
pinko commie bastard

Collective /world building

Post by morl0ck »

Let's make /world a little bit more interesting, by customizing it. We could open up a creative server (like the old hc) where builders must register. Worledit, etc can be enabled. The builders can vote on a "theme" and add onto the map until a set date, in which the map will go live on the server. Certain blocks can be disabled to prevent cheating (hiding items for oneself, etc).

For example everyone votes on a "new york city" theme, a map filled with tall buildings and confusing alleyways. The next week they vote on a "temple island" map, dotted with trap filled ruins, jungle, and random lava pits. Each week would come different vantage points and strategy considerations.

I know that a lot of the "builder" types on the server tend not to pvp much, so maybe they will get more involved if they helped design the map. It does get boring pvp'ing in the same default generated terrain.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Re: Collective /world building

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

two to three people build
everyone has different idea on what the theme should represent
map descends into mishmash of half finished constructions and takes too long to make
morl0ck
pinko commie bastard

Post by morl0ck »

That would be the point of the deadline. And even a partially finished map would be more fun than the same default terrain every week.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

We did do this once, and it was interesting. But the creative server is closed, and we don't currently have the hardware necessary to run it. If somebody wants to host and run (and moderate) a creative server for this, and then send me the new map every 2 months, then I'd be up for it.

I could even send the old creative server's map and you could use that.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Bump because I think this was a good idea.
Burger
in iron armor

Post by Burger »

u know what

bump
Crush
wannabe troll, flaming us by entering arbitrary words in capslock

Post by Crush »

Deleted low effort trolling. This forum is not discord.
Anthand
[rawr]

Post by Anthand »

Yukarion instead of removing /world can you add /world 2 that you can only access from the original /world and is a giant field of diamonds? I think that would be cool I think