TnT Duping

General simplicitypvp.net related topics

do you support TnT duping blowing up ALL blocks and not limited blocks.

yes
71%
no
29%

Total votes: 7

SkullerG
[rawr]

TnT Duping

Post by SkullerG »

Hello Everyone my name is SkullerG for those that don't know me.

TnT duping has been a controversial topic on SimPvP for just about as long as I've played the server. It was enabled, disabled, and re-enabled to blow up only blocks for lavacasts. While this can be a "fix" for removing lavacasts, simpvp wants the game to be as free as possible with staying inside of the rules. Limiting something as small as this to prevent base griefs (was the reason I was told it was removed in the first place) takes away from the vanilla aspect of the game. Mojang themselves have been aware of tnt duping for YEARS now (this statement is from a tech Lead at Mojang - TNT dupers fill a slot in the game that the intended game mechanics still cannot.) Removing this aspect takes away from a core aspect of the true vanilla experience regardless how many players support tnt duping being in the game completely (meaning blowing up all blocks) It is highly unlikely that TNT duping will be re-enabled completely, but please respond to the poll so we can see a community vote on the poll. Feel free to leave feedback on the topic in the replies.
iLxgend
wannabe troll, flaming us by entering arbitrary words in capslock

Re: TnT Duping

Post by iLxgend »

What would you want to use it for? The only reason I would ever want to use it, is to clear massive amounts of land... best solution in my head is to add stone, dirt, grass, and all ore variants. This would allow large mass removing while not being a threat to builds and most player made objects.
ostrich1414
Wiki Janitor

Post by ostrich1414 »

yes please me like TNT duping :-)
KoriJenkins
in iron armor

Post by KoriJenkins »

It wasn't removed because of base griefs, it was removed because TNT duping is a glitch and duping isn't allowed. It was, however, part of a reason I didn't want it back, that griefing would essentially cost no resources at all.
MoWobbler
in iron armor

Post by MoWobbler »

The main reason I wanted some tnt duping back was to add a counter to lavacasts. Personally, I feel sim is already super industrialized and am not a huge fan of that which is why I don't really care if tnt duping is enabled. Still, I think it should be turned back on because I assume a massive majority still want it fully enabled.
KoriJenkins
in iron armor

Post by KoriJenkins »

MoWobbler wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:34 am The main reason I wanted some tnt duping back was to add a counter to lavacasts. Personally, I feel sim is already super industrialized and am not a huge fan of that which is why I don't really care if tnt duping is enabled. Still, I think it should be turned back on because I assume a massive majority still want it fully enabled.
I love Democracy.