New Team: Blue Orchid Cult

Recruit new members for your clan, or look for clans to join
A. Pippenger
in diamond armor

Re: New Team: Blue Orchid Cult

Post by A. Pippenger »

@ Fluz: Me and Tash, and some others, have been doing a lot of good work at spawn lately, some new castles and stuff that are higher quality than most previous spawn builds. If you want to come find the castle and fight us, that might be fun. It's good that this server is feeling like anarchy again.

I have to say though, that while personally I'm not too upset about these attacks, I do feel that they were unjustified. Nos Astra was Dakka's city, and he was barely in the principate. He's honestly probably the best builder on simpvp. I know Quint and Miniwimi think they're pretty good, but most of their style is ripped off from other mc builds online. Dakka actually designs his architecture himself and it doesn't look exactly like what turns up on a google search of "minecraft builds". Our server has lost perhaps our best and most original builder, because of a misguided act of revenge.

About Virunum, yeah I get it, I was kinda involved with the invasion, and since I share Fulg's account, virunum could be called one of my bases. In a sense I get what I deserve. I'm not gonna bitch about it. But I will say that Fluz betrayed my trust and the trust of the dozen or so completely innocent residents of the town, in a completely disproportionate act of griefing. Brntrogdor, who had done absolutely nothing whatsoever to anger Quint or Fluz, had his giant tree project burned down. When the principate attacked your team, they did very targeted griefing against the people they were against, and left the other people alone. Also, Fluz, nobody likes a traitor. I doubt this will improve your rep.

Basically what I'm saying is that I don't contest your reasons for going to war, but that you're absolutely vicious when it comes to hurting innocent civilians. In american history terms, if our attack on you was Pearl Harbor, your attacks were 9/11.

EDIT: That's kind of a weird and confusing metaphor, sorry. Both our teams can't be america. That makes no sense. Better to say that if our attack was Pearl Harbor, your attack was Hiroshima+Nagasaki. It was sort of justified and necessary, but disproportionate and hurt mostly innocent people. IDK, maybe I should stop trying to look for historical parallels on minecraft servers.
iQuint
better than clipchip

Post by iQuint »

'' have to say though, that while personally I'm not too upset about these attacks, I do feel that they were unjustified.''

Are you really saying this? I was accused of griefing New Caladan the first time it was built and when it was being reconstructed, even though I didnt do shit. This was confirmed by AllSixSix.

I've already had this dicussion with dakka so I'll keep it short: My team had to suffer because people from the principate targeted me. Kinda unfair to them and it gave me the feeling of ''You're teamed with me and now this happens''. And now the same happened to Dakka. ''He's teamed with the Principate but didnt have anything to do with their actions''. Unfair or not, neither of the actions partaken by either teams were ''justified''.
CrackyJoe
[rawr]

Post by CrackyJoe »

Yeah I'll put in my two cents before we make some kind of confused moralistic mincemeat out of this situation.

Like Quint said, I reject the premise that the "invasion" (principate word choice, not mine) of Gregoria was "nonviolent" and "left the other people alone." I'm fairly certain my options were to pay a tax and be taken over or to get out of my base. I don't remember pissing on anyone's doorstep first. Cracky dindu nuffin, actually.

But let's be real, even if the only person The Principate targeted was Quint, and even if in reality only he was affected, it's not going to change much. You attack Quint, his teammates (myself included) are there to back him, and retaliate with him--plain and simple. Otherwise, what the hell is the point of being a team? Live by it, die by it. There's too many phrases being thrown around like "tenuous connection" and "barely in the principate". What does that shit even mean? I don't see it as a pick and choose grocery store once you've decided you're teammates. Especially if you're going to be on ally lists and all these other attempts at organization on the forums, etc. Maybe this can be a slight wake-up call for some that your affiliations matter and there are consequences sometimes. For me this has already been clearly illustrated. And I fully expect anything I built is currently forfeit to those who see themselves at war with quint, fluz, the blue blue orchid cult, or however people want to frame it. Not everyone is just going to reap the benefits of partnership without feeling the negatives.

Did Dakka get griefed just for flying the wrong banner? Pretty much. Am I super happy that Nos Astra is wiped from existence? Not really. If I had the choice between blowing up Nos Astra and something "more obviously Principate-related", would I? Probably. Do I think Dakka's status as a builder and a decent guy are going to protect him? In this case it seems not.

As Strawman said, this isn't really a war over philosophies. It's just a war between people, and old grudges. But if that's enough, so be it.
DakkaDok
OP

Post by DakkaDok »

Since i have actually left spawn again to travel the map, and since there is a slight chance that i might find some ungriefed base in the process, i hereby leave the Principate. You guys carry on burning stuff, i'm neutral now.
Lord_renzo
wannabe troll, flaming us by entering arbitrary words in capslock

Post by Lord_renzo »

Despite i am a peace loving person and would not grief anyone myself i do agree a lot with what strawman and crackyjoe said.
It’s a interesting development that spice up things a bit more on the server I guess..
I do feel that it’s a shame that dakka got hit while he wasn’t directly involved in the invasion of our base tho.
But the retaliation of our team is legitimate in my opinion especially after I read the principate invasion thread and their demands ( peace treaty ).
The Blue Orchid Cult will not be messed with.
Resistance is futile.
CrackyJoe
[rawr]

Post by CrackyJoe »

"Since i have actually left spawn again to travel the map, and since there is a slight chance that i might find some ungriefed base in the process, i hereby leave the Principate. You guys carry on burning stuff, i'm neutral now." -DakkaDok

AllSiXSix
SirTashingdon
MtlGuy514
OrionTheBuilder
Katrina47
Porkington
LDRPC
PackOfMongooses
Rumpslem
Pippenger

Does anyone else in the Principate (or "allies", incl. people living in Forsta Stad, Pork Hall, Ascaris, or Haven) want to take a cue from Dakka earlier rather than later?
Fluz43
in iron armor

Post by Fluz43 »

We have known of Nos Astra and have had weeks to decide what exactly to do with the base. Here is my post and position stated very soon after joining the BOC in regards to what exactly should be done as retaliation. My position now remains the same as it was then:

BEGIN POST

[12/31/15 2:01:15 AM] CENSORED NAME: At face value, I look at it as a whole:
The team Principate visited, left signage and made it well-known that it was an attack by the *group.* Tash/Pork said they visited and came under orders of AllSixSix to my knowledge which means that it must have been a premeditated attack upon the base and not a sudden, "oh hey, a base! Let's claim it!"

They consulted the leader whom I believe is AllSixSix who then gave orders to do so. I personally view this as an act of hostility from the *group* because this means at least a few people within the group were willing to partake in the action to perform an attack upon us.

I believe that as a result of a multitude of people (and even if one did the same thing in the name of the group) agreed to do this to harm and disturb our group's seemingly peaceful operation, we must act in an equally or even more-so violent manor to ensure that no further action is taken among the two bases if negotiation between the two groups fails to resolve an issue. The way I view equal in this essence is that they compromised our entire base location and sabotaged the home of iQuint. Our retaliation could arguably do a little bit of the same which is damage a little bit of it, or think of it as because this is not their main section and there are others, we could damage one of the branches of their base. We must make it well-known to the aggressors that we do not play games and cower when attacked. Our group is together and must stand strong. It is imperative we make it known we will stick together and do what is necessary to uphold our group's core values and principles. I propose, in conclusion, that to retaliate in my definition of a fair manour towards the aggressors, we partake in an attack upon the entire location of Nos Astra to leave a deep, but not permanent, wound.
[12/31/15 2:05:31 AM] CENSORED NAME: VOTE: YES

END POST

There were many differing opinions and thought-of solutions to how we should respond.

This was a premeditated and thought through response to an attack many weeks ago now. It was done as I previously mentioned to make sure The Principate ("the agressors") are aware of our power. We had an opportunity to attack The Principate and took it. Technically this technically that I don't care. DakkaDok and his base is/was associated with your group as iQuint and his hub was sabotaged. I understand the point made of how intense the response was to your occupation and willingness to negotiate, but basically we pulled a 'Murica and want it to be well-known we're not a force to be taken with lightly. 9/11 was bad but the USA response to 9/11 was and still is significantly worse.

I hope readers realize I look more at facts than personality and opinions made of other people, as while it may work fine that way, it could make room for a lot of disagreement because not everybody agrees on the same thing you do (hell, why else would we be in this mess if we didn't all agree on things the same?)
A. Pippenger
in diamond armor

Post by A. Pippenger »

Damn you guys take this quite seriously.

But I'm not backing down from this. Blow up Ascaris if you want, even as a ruin it will be better than anything your team has built.
iQuint
better than clipchip

Post by iQuint »

Atleast none of our cities look the same over and over and over again for 3 years straight.
Turning it into a ruin would only make it look better.
'Nuff said

PS: where is lonesoldiers opinion when you need it(?)
Infam0us2_
wannabe troll, flaming us by entering arbitrary words in capslock

Post by Infam0us2_ »

The griefing of Virinium is now complete:
Before: http://imgur.com/a/CQnu5
After: http://imgur.com/a/BW2xA