Final poll: Implement the proposed phantom fix

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started

Should the proposed phantom fix be implemented?

Yes
87%
No, phantoms should remain as they are
13%

Total votes: 31

Burger
in iron armor

Final poll: Implement the proposed phantom fix

Post by Burger »

Thank you all for voting on the first poll. This final poll is on whether clipchip's proposed phantom fix should be implemented or not.

In short, this will provide individuals a command (/phantoms) to toggle whether phantoms are enabled or disabled for them. This command is unlocked once you obtain the 'Two Birds, One Stone' achievement (kill 2 phantoms with 1 arrow), in order to provide some challenge to newer players.
If you'd like to take a look at the code yourself, here it is: https://github.com/Melvin3000/NoPhantoms

This is better than my initial suggestion of resetting the timer upon relog as it avoids the need to stay logged in for an hour to farm phantom membranes, and to avoid relogging chat spam. This solution will also give you the option to have phantoms spawn if you so choose.

Why the second poll? Yukar wanted to avoid people complaining that they didn't vote for this specific solution the first time. So vote for it now.

Yukar has assured me that this specific fix will be implemented if there is enough support for it. This is our only chance to finally fix phantoms.
Last edited by Burger on Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Burger
in iron armor

Re: Final poll: Implement the proposed phantom fix

Post by Burger »

Posted here cos Suggestions didn't let me create a poll, feel free to move it.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Moved.
Burger
in iron armor

Post by Burger »

After running for 24hrs, this poll reached even more support than the last. Do you think we'll see this fix implemented any time soon?
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

To the people who voted against this: If you have a good reason you don't think this is a good idea, please explain.
Burger
in iron armor

Post by Burger »

Aside from the YMP members who disingenuously voted no because it's the unpopular opinion, the only reason I can think is that it's non-vanilla or doesn't fit Minecraft's 'aesthetic'. But I'm also interested to hear from the No voters because I haven''t actually heard a reason against the fix.
DakkaDok
OP

Post by DakkaDok »

I imagine the argument will be that it takes away from the challenge of the game. I don't really agree with that, but it's understandable.
Burger
in iron armor

Post by Burger »

DakkaDok wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:14 pm I imagine the argument will be that it takes away from the challenge of the game. I don't really agree with that, but it's understandable.
I don't see this as a legitimate argument, honestly. People don't hate phantoms because they're "too hard". Maybe in singleplayer phantoms pose a legitimate challenge, but they're clearly not designed for multiplayer - especially a server like SimPVP where you typically hide your bed away from your base - and just become a nuisance.
Burger
in iron armor

Post by Burger »

Thank you everyone who voted, it wouldn't have been implemented without support from the community. Special thanks to clip and Yukar o_o. Playing on SimPVP will be a much improved experience for everyone. god bless