General simplicitypvp.net related topics
Azdin
still building aboveground

Post by Azdin »

I’ve been keeping up on 1.14. Apparently all our hard earned librarians will revert to jobless upon upgrading. Horrible work mojang. It would have been easy to keep 1.13 trades why the hell wouldn’t you put in the effort. They also nerfed them so you can just throw down a lecturn in front of them and then check their trades and if you don’t like them you just break it and they revert to jobless and you just throw it down again until you get what you want. They lock trades once you trade with them.

A bug I found is that if your librarian has a book you want sometimes it will give you a different book and there is no way around it. This makes trading broken.

Sometimes you’ll get a villager that allows free or infinite trades like give them 10 clay and they’ll give you an emerald then they have another trade that is one emerald for 10 bricks. Free smelter. Or one emerald for three book cases and then one book for one emerald. Broken economy. Your only limit is once the villager is done trading you have to wait a day until he unblocks the trade.

You can also farm totems of undying by converting a pilliger outpost into a farm since the high end raid spawns an evoker. The hero of the village effect gives you bonus trade effects too.

The biggest issue in 1.14 are the chunk rendering issues. The chunks load but are invisible. This issue didn’t appear until final release.

Oh there is also a bug regarding mob spawn caps being ignored so about 800 mobs will spawn around you.

Way to fuck up such a great release mojang. I mean this product is a billion dollar asset and they blow it.
Azdin

Re: 1.14

Post by Azdin »

There apparently is a way to keep villager trades but you have to move them through a nether portal or something. I am not sure what the method is yet.

Also ender dragon is bugged and won’t dive bomb you
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

And they still refuse to let any one on 32 bit linux to update. I've looked at all sorts of bug reports and mojang says "Not a bug we want it like this" Oh well, game went to shit when notch left. Did you say something about lecterns? Yep, always wanted to play with lecterns. :P
Azdin

Post by Azdin »

Another bug, put a villager in a 1x1 and put water in it then put another villager adjacent also in a 1x1. Trade with first villager and if you open and close the GUI a bunch he will discount everything down to one emerald

Edit, if two players stand under slabs so they're squatting and they bump into each other, they seem to charge up something that if they then leave that spot and bump into each other they go flying off each other. Weird. Might be able to do it with a bunch of chickens or something. If you have a piston push you into a mob a bunch and you're standing on ice you could make it shoot you out about 100 blocks.

Also learned that mob caps include villagers now so someone could easily take up the cap just afking at a base
Azdin

Post by Azdin »

They fixed the bug of villagers counting towards passive mob cap. The GUI issue with villagers is still in game where it discounts trades though. Also you can send a villager through a nether portal and since that side stays loaded a bit now, you can trade with him if you opened his GUI first and it won't count against you. This lets you trade infinitely instead of 2 times per day. I expect they'll fix this but they haven't yet which is odd since it's such an exploit.
Azdin

Post by Azdin »

Paper for 1.14 came on 5/27. When are we updating Yukar?
https://papermc.io/downloads#Paper-1.14
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

We'll update when we're confident we can do so safely. Should be within the next 1-2 months. Development releases are practically guaranteed to have bugs.
Azdin

Post by Azdin »

Apparently we have to trade with villagers until they show squiggles in order for them to keep their trades upon upgrading. Please give us like a week notice before upgrading so we have time to do this.

Hmm I think 1.14.2 fixes this actually but you lose out on any new trades in 1.14 if you haven't traded with them.

Bunch of bugs still

Villager flickers professions bug: https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MC-152613
Villager dont sleep bug: https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MC-149099
Villagers dont restock trades bug: https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MC-147740
Villager farming not working well bug: https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MC-148013