SimPvP has officially died (I think)

General simplicitypvp.net related topics
OdinFire
still building aboveground

SimPvP has officially died (I think)

Post by OdinFire »

Everytime i check... there's 0 people on. On the weekends, none, maybe 1-5 at most in prime time for an hour. Then none. And none. And none...

Can we do anything to aid even... or is it just a waste of time?
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Re: SimPvP has officially died (I think)

Post by RevStoningpot »

tell your friends

As far as i can tell people like free stuff, flying, /setspawn, factions, building protection, and creative mode. Since we don't offer any of that they don't like it. So the only way to get more people is to make it something that the loyal fans of the server wouldn't want. People that like challenges are a rare breed these days. But maybe people like you should actually play instead of just check to see how many people are on.
A. Pippenger
in diamond armor

Post by A. Pippenger »

The population goes up and down. It might be low now, but a few weeks ago it wasn't unusual to see more than ten people on at once. Keep in mind that summer vacation is coming soon, and we usually get a surge of new players when people are off from school.

If you want to try to improve things,
Just play often and vote occasionally. Rev is basically right, there's very little we can change about the server without taking away what makes it itself.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

This server is 4 years old now and nowhere near dead. I always make it a habit of restarting it when I log in if 0 players are online, and it's been 2 days since I've been able to do that. Being dead shouldn't be defined by having less than several hundred players like some servers do, being dead would mean absolutely nobody plays on it, and that's obviously not the case.
SilasOfBorg
Donator

Post by SilasOfBorg »

It's not dead, it's just pining for the fjords.
hugobros3
in iron armor

Post by hugobros3 »

> Every year, once in a while, this thread
> Server still up whatsoever

imo this server "death" will more likely be caused by mojang finally screwing up the game to the point hosting a server is not wantable or possible anymore.
And in this case I'm sure the server will just be recreated using minetest or some random minecraft clone.
indigo011
[rawr]

Post by indigo011 »

A. Pippenger wrote:The population goes up and down. It might be low now, but a few weeks ago it wasn't unusual to see more than ten people on at once. Keep in mind that summer vacation is coming soon, and we usually get a surge of new players when people are off from school.

If you want to try to improve things,
Just play often and vote occasionally. Rev is basically right, there's very little we can change about the server without taking away what makes it itself.
I totally agree. A lot of times there are many playing at the same time.