/pvp to be temporarily disabled

Announcements about changes/updates/downtime/etc
Yukar9
Admin

/pvp to be temporarily disabled

Post by Yukar9 »

I'm going to be restructuring the database used to store /pvp locations. Doing this while the /pvp command is disabled just makes it much simpler for me.

As such the /pvp command will be disabled for about 10 minutes early morning (server time, GMT+1.) If you get an 'unknown command' error while using /pvp -- don't be alarmed, it's only temporary.

All your locations will of course be saved, I'm not clearing the database.

I'll post when I disable it, and again when it's back up.
Yukar9
Admin

Re: /pvp to be temporarily disabled

Post by Yukar9 »

Disabling it now
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Re-enabled it.

Edit: Re-enabled exactly 10 minutes after I disabled it, lol
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Disabling it again. Getting a weird error. Trying to replicate it to find out what's going on, /pvp will be disabled until then. I'll be in console if somebody needs a manual teleport.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Re-enabled again.

I had copied the code for the sql update query from the overworld -> pvpworld method. Turns out that for that query instead of getting the players current location, it just always saved 'world' (since it was the overworld -> pvpworld method, I figured only people in the aboveworld could use it hence why not retrieving the players current location was okay) But then when I copied the query over to the pvpworld -> overworld method today as part of rewriting the code, I forgot I'd done that. So if you were in the pvpworld and you used /pvp, it would always incorrectly save 'world' as your location. Causing all the problems. Fixed and tested everything is working fine now.

Pretty sure I caught this fast enough for only one person to have been affected, and I've manually helped him back. But in case anybody else was affected, please post saying so.
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

It made me lose 100 diamonds and my full portection IV diamond aromor
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Uh huh
waronchickens97
in diamond armor

Post by waronchickens97 »

I lost 64 stacked sets of prot 4 diamond and 12 stacks of d blox, apong with some sharp X fire V's and prot 10 unb 10. Oh and a stack or two of ghast tears and same of blazerods, and 9 stacks of 64 water bottles. Not to mention my 20 story endergrinder.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

waronchickens97 wrote:I lost 64 stacked sets of prot 4 diamond and 12 stacks of d blox, apong with some sharp X fire V's and prot 10 unb 10. Oh and a stack or two of ghast tears and same of blazerods, and 9 stacks of 64 water bottles. Not to mention my 20 story endergrinder.
The joke was already made, quit beating it to death.