Minecraft Fallout/Anarchy Server

General minecraft related topics
BowlOfOranges
[rawr]

Minecraft Fallout/Anarchy Server

Post by BowlOfOranges »

Don't know if anyone is interested in this but I thought it was pretty groovy what this guy is trying to achieve.
http://makingaminecraftworld.tumblr.com/
He's going to make an anarchy server but with a world that looks as though it was already inhabited, so it has a Fallout feel too it rather than what other anarchy servers are like; destruction and not much evidence of life.
Not sure if anyone cares much but for those who are...
mitte90
OP

Re: Minecraft Fallout/Anarchy Server

Post by mitte90 »

as all of this kind of efforts its probly gona turn into a half ass failure. sorry to be negative would love this kind of server.
Gnatogryz
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by Gnatogryz »

If he wants to make it a vanilla anarchy server, the effort is pointless - the spawn area is just gonna look like a wasteland eventually.

My dream server would be simpvp with a round world :)
TLRedemption
Noob

Post by TLRedemption »

Only if i get a plasma rifle and a gatling laser.
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

it's a very good plan. I feel the lack of ruins on our server is pretty shitty. This is a good way to get some nice ruins. Although he seems to use a lot of wood, which just burns away and leaves less ruins to see. I remember 2b2t had huge skyscraper looking hollow shells. that wasn't to bad. I built pvp castle in hopes of adding some nice ruins but some ass went and dug up the whole thing. All in all it seems our players don't like ruins. No one builds on the surface around here it's all pretty lame.
Gnatogryz

Post by Gnatogryz »

RevStoningpot wrote:I built pvp castle in hopes of adding some nice ruins but some ass went and dug up the whole thing.
I remember when I joined the server, the castle was still there (a bit griefed, but the furnaces were still intact:). So I see what you mean, and having ruins could indeed make the mc world a bit more interesting :)
Bloop the poop
Moron

Post by Bloop the poop »

you should've made the ground out of furnaces so when people try to block, they end up opening it xD
BowlOfOranges
[rawr]

Post by BowlOfOranges »

mitte90 wrote:as all of this kind of efforts its probly gona turn into a half ass failure. sorry to be negative would love this kind of server.
They guy making it is a friend of mine, I help out a bit too, and we are actually really keen on the whole project, the only reason I can see that we would give up is that after half a year or so people still haven’t given the project any attention.
Gnatogryz wrote:If he wants to make it a vanilla anarchy server, the effort is pointless - the spawn area is just gonna look like a wasteland eventually.
Well we could try putting in a little protection around the first town, shouldn't be too hard... right? But we don't want to make it so people can just stay at spawn and be fine. We want them to need to move on, and leave spawn.
TLRedemption wrote:Only if i get a plasma rifle and a gatling laser.
We did talk about making a texture pack for it, but neither of us are artists and he wants to get the actual project done before thinking about those sort of things.
RevStoningpot wrote:it's a very good plan. I feel the lack of ruins on our server is pretty shitty. This is a good way to get some nice ruins. Although he seems to use a lot of wood, which just burns away and leaves less ruins to see. I remember 2b2t had huge skyscraper looking hollow shells. that wasn't to bad. I built pvp castle in hopes of adding some nice ruins but some ass went and dug up the whole thing. All in all it seems our players don't like ruins. No one builds on the surface around here it's all pretty lame.
It's mostly because we started basic and are just experimenting with different house models but the plan is that each town we build is slowly getting more and more 'modern' so that things look cooler the farther out you go, until after one or two days walk there will be cities with walls and castles.
Kinda because we just did things like that but also because it will help sort people who actually want to play and Spawnrats.
TLRedemption
Noob

Post by TLRedemption »

I was kidding around haha, it would be amazing but it doesn't need to be a kind of priority haha, i love fallout though.
worldruler086

Post by worldruler086 »

This sounds interesting. One of the things I loved about anarchy servers is roaming around spawn and seeing ruins of old bases, and seeing how they worked. Sadly, when I was at spawn here, it was after our reset, so there wasnt many new buildings. I'll keep this under my radar, though the people here on simlicity are probably going to make playing there a bit difficult