Minecraft Fallout/Anarchy Server

General minecraft related topics
BowlOfOranges
[rawr]

Re: Minecraft Fallout/Anarchy Server

Post by BowlOfOranges »

dpy wrote:Decent premise for a server (I've been tossing around ideas in the same ballpark), but making these buildings by hand is definitely NOT the way to go. A much better solution would be to write a Bukkit plugin that hooks into terrain generation and creates these things procedurally - that way they would be scattered across the entire map as it generates, and would also allow some more serious terrain modification (abandoned cities, roads, etc) without a huge amount of building effort.

I wouldn't have a clue how to do that, or exactly what to look for.
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

I remember a youtube video (sorry no link) of a glitch of some sort. It has probably been fixed in updates since then. There were giant npc villages being generated, the size of whole biomes and such. I'd suggest looking into this because i was thinking you could get a .jar for the version with the village bug and then copy that world file to the server. Then of coarse blow it all up.
BowlOfOranges
[rawr]

Post by BowlOfOranges »

RevStoningpot wrote:I remember a youtube video (sorry no link) of a glitch of some sort. It has probably been fixed in updates since then. There were giant npc villages being generated, the size of whole biomes and such. I'd suggest looking into this because i was thinking you could get a .jar for the version with the village bug and then copy that world file to the server. Then of coarse blow it all up.
I remember seeing that too, in the Left4Dead mod. Though most of those buildings are wood.

And I'm leaving the destruction to the people, just too see how long everything last's.
What buildings get wrecked first or if people look around and try just living.
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

no not a mod it was natural village buildings. it was just a terrain generation bug in the early village testing. It may have been one of those pre-release things i'm not even sure.