dogs and boats?

General minecraft related topics
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

dogs and boats?

Post by RevStoningpot »

Is it just our server that's buggy or all of minecraft.
Boats explode fore no reason, sometimes right when you hop in other times when just sitting there in squid free oceans
Dogs teleport when they should be sitting patiently back home. I think it has somthing to do with swimming my dogs jumped a couple K to where i was swimming once.
Any how i was just wondering if any one knew more about these bugs or if they happen outside simplicity
Gnatogryz
hated the previously assigned rank

Re: dogs and boats?

Post by Gnatogryz »

I know that it also happens on the official Mojang server software (i'm playing on that with my father from time to time). Most of the bugs are not Bukkit but Mojang's fault (since Bukkit is based on Mojang's code).
RevStoningpot
Moron

Post by RevStoningpot »

well these bugs are reletively new. i find it odd that they would add bugs to the game. As it is in final production, i would expect upgrades at this point, to lower the bugs not add them. Fucking mojang!
Bloop the poop
Moron

Post by Bloop the poop »

Yeah that hapenned to me too. My boat exploded when I was in the middle of teh ocean.
Meltonville
[rawr]

Post by Meltonville »

This actually happened to me too. I was sailing in the middle of the ocean and the boat ending up just randomly collapsing. There were no squids around nor was there anything else that could make the boat crash. I ended up having to swim to the nearest island just to make a new boat.
Gnatogryz

Post by Gnatogryz »

RevStoningpot wrote:As it is in final production
They only removed the "beta" from the name to raise the game cost. It is far from being completed :P
Bloop the poop
Moron

Post by Bloop the poop »

Also noticed that random lines of lights are in the ocean. Shows up wierd on my minmap........
RevStoningpot
Moron

Post by RevStoningpot »

Lighting has been buggy under water for as long as i can remember. Tip: if you're stranded in the ocean keep an eye out for sea caves. These are often linked to mines where you can get some new boat wood.
Bloop the poop
Moron

Post by Bloop the poop »

RevStoningpot wrote:Lighting has been buggy under water for as long as i can remember. Tip: if you're stranded in the ocean keep an eye out for sea caves. These are often linked to mines where you can get some new boat wood.
Thank god I brought lots of wood w/ me. Like 6 of my boats have exploded in a 17k trip. it's ridiculous.
Gnatogryz

Post by Gnatogryz »

Rev, the lighting has always been buggy. But ocean lighting is much more buggy since they introduced Anvil map format. And that tip is useful indeed, though I always pack a lot of boats for longer journeys :)