Hi! I haven't given a formal introduction yet.

General simplicitypvp.net related topics
DjANNIHILATE
[rawr]

Hi! I haven't given a formal introduction yet.

Post by DjANNIHILATE »

You may or may not know me, I've been active on the server over the past couple of months, I came to the server with my friend Nth and now we are pretty well established.
I made this account when I joined, but I never really saw anything post-worthy.
Before you wonder, this actually is still not an introduction, more of a complaint :)
As many of you active players may know, the server has been experiencing difficulties as of late.
Earlier today, I was storing stuff in a chest while getting ready to make a large farm, when the server crashed. When it came back, I had lost around 10 stacks of torches and some other items. Mitte came on speaking of possible physical problems to the server itself.
Anyway, Just now there was a server restart while I was collecting eggs in the chicken farm, when we came back there was a block in my face and I died. Full diamond armor, tools and around 10 full stacks of wood were what I had on me. I had slept in the mine a few days ago and never bothered to sleep at the house again, so I was quite a ways away. My friend Nth didn't even find the items, they weren't there. The admin who was online at the time (LittleBoxOfEmo) Seemed to have done everything within her power, however I still lost nearly everything (Which is everything that I mentioned, full diamond, tools, 10 stacks of wood)
Now, the item loss in itself is not too big of a deal and usually comes with the territory. However, I am losing a lot of items on a consistent basis over things that I have no control over and are NOT part of survival. Is there any compensation for this?
Bloop the poop
Moron

Re: Hi! I haven't given a formal introduction yet.

Post by Bloop the poop »

I've seen you on the server, you seem like a pretty nice guy.:) You hang out with Gnat, right? I'm sorry to hear that you lost so many things due to the server restart, and I feel for you, it sucks to have to start all over again but it's nice to hear that the admins did the best to help you out.

In regards to all this losing stuff, put this in the report and appeal and it should get some more attention. I just want to warn you though, you may not get all of your things back because the policy for giving things back to people is quite strict, because of the nature of the server it's very hard to tell if people are lying or not. I hope things turn out best.
DjANNIHILATE
[rawr]

Post by DjANNIHILATE »

Well, I'm not starting over. It's just really inconveniencing for this to occur, especially twice in one day. Though, I care less now than when I made this post. I was rather upset by multiple things, including my network being under cyber attack by an apparent ddos and viral spam. I definitely cheered up after I emerged victorious, with my PC intact. Now, I just hope the server gets the care that it needs to fix whatever is causing this. Also, I look forward to the 1.3 update where I can possibly live a minecraft life more free from glitches, Especially my dogs disappearing and my Minecarts turning into planks and sticks on the track. Anyway, Thank you for your concern :)
Life goes on.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

Who the hell stores away 10 stacks of torches?
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

sounds like your connection is the biggest problem. A regular restart does nothing more to you than any log out log in will do. Also don't care valuables on you, leave them in chests. The crashes are bad who knows why that happens But they can duplicate your items just as easily as they can erase them.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Hi! Sorry about you losing your stuff, I hate crashes as much as you.

Crashes are annoying, and I personally wish Mojang would fix this stupid way of saving player data, that being said, I decided to no longer spawn in lost items for players a while ago (because it had been abused,) and keeping with that policy I can't give you your items back.

As Rev has suggested, do a quick logout-login after removing valuables from chests, just to be safe.

Oh and welcome to the server! :)
DjANNIHILATE
[rawr]

Post by DjANNIHILATE »

Fair enough, I don't expect any special treatment. Thank you for welcoming me to the server :) I am relieved to see you have returned, Yukar.
Also, I wasn't just randomly carrying valuables, it was my armor/tools I was using at the time. Anyway, It's not really a huge loss, I have more. As I said, it was more of an annoyance.
Gnatogryz
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by Gnatogryz »

Speaking of random item loss, I've lost a full diamond set yesterday, because I "suffocated in a wall" while walking through my nether corridor. I don't know how this happened because I was afk with my W key pressed by a heavy object :P
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Sounds like somebody poured sand on you :S
Gnatogryz
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by Gnatogryz »

My friend has a theory that a pigman pushed me into a chunk error. Sounds like something that could happen in minecraft :)