Mc v 1.3

General minecraft related topics
Gnatogryz
hated the previously assigned rank

Re: Mc v 1.3

Post by Gnatogryz »

I got mixed feelings about enderchests. Also, I'm quite concerned about the transition from bukkit to official Mojang software, because I bet the plugins won't be compatible. Other than that, I'm looking forward to it :)
DjANNIHILATE
[rawr]

Post by DjANNIHILATE »

Well, I don't think you'd be forced to switch over, would you?
I mean, you could keep the server the way it is until you've fully prepared for the transition.

Also, when 1.3 comes out, can we get a plugin for large biomes? :D Obviously for chunks that haven't been loaded yet, but it would be really nice.
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

WTF sounds awesome about an "enderchest"? So is it that mojang stole developers from bukkit but bukkit is it's own entity? as in mojang didn't buy bukkit?
mitte90
OP

Post by mitte90 »

bukkit is a community driven project so mojang cant buy it.. but they did "stole" the front devs so the project is probly dead...
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

mitte90 wrote:well i live in sweden where we have brains.....XD we dont need a warning lable thats reads "warning hot coffee" on our hot coffee

A Famous Quote from Gordon Freeman:

"The only reason that that warning label is there is because somebody was actually stupid enough to try it once."
Box
in iron armor

Post by Box »

LoneSoldier55 wrote: "The only reason that that warning label is there is because somebody was actually stupid enough to try it once."

LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

Box wrote:
LoneSoldier55 wrote: "The only reason that that warning label is there is because somebody was actually stupid enough to try it once."

Image doesn't show, but it says:

"8 Pcs Precision Screwdriver Set, Not to be inserted into penis."
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

1.3 update review based on minecraft 12w26a

"Large Biomes" world type.
Looks nice. Would be great for large projects that should be contained within a single biome. The only draw back I can see is oceans being way too large at 4x generation size.

Ender Portal Frames added in Creative Mode
'bout damn time! However, i can't seem to get it to light.

Flying in Creative Mode is no longer affected by water and lava
Running water still pushes when floating in it. Running lava does not.

Improved creative inventory screen.
The bottom row of tabs is confusing and i keep trying to drop items on it. But i've been wanting it organized for a while. And hooray we can finally put on chain mail and not just carry it around. (vanilla single player creative)

Singleplayer will be a local server.
I don't understand this. Does it mean only people on my internet connection can get on? Computers need to be networked together?

Optional bonus chests placed close to the player when creating a new Singleplayer world.
Just a kind of pointless newb starter kit. Also they can get destroyed by the terrain generation.

Removed the downwards knock back while drowning.
Thank the maker. I noticed this bug hit super hard when you had a low food bar. I drowned in 3 blocks of water not being able to get higher than i got knocked back. So I'm glad to be rid of it. Also I checked getting shot under water and noticed it kicks you up rather than down. Not sure if that's new to this update but I do remember being pushed down fighting skeletons in the past.

Added Emerald
Not too big of a deal. I have wanted a nice green stone, for fancy builds. I wonder about the generation, they occur in hilly regions, But i have no idea what depth, or about previously generated hills. Aside from the blocks it's just used for trade.

Added Ender Chest.
I believe this would act as a safe chest in multiplayer. It seems to be an inventory saver. You can only use one but that would almost double your load size when moving from base to base since you can load a chest on one end and unload it at the new spot. Having a silk touch pick will basically make it into a back pack you can keep in your inventory. And although people could steal or destroy your chest, your stuff will be waiting till you get a new one. I will be putting my hoard into one of these right away.

Added Sandstone Stairs.
A little too late, half of my pyramid is already made of stone brick stairs. I've been pissed off every update since brick stairs that there was still now sandstone. Adding sandstone slab with out stairs really pissed me off. So, 'bout damn time!

Added Cocoa Plants that generate on the sides of jungle trees, which can be harvested for cocoa.
Very nice. I'll need to dabble further to see what farming/autofarming can be done with this. Not a fan of the texture (pods; the new bean texture is better).

Cocoa Beans drop from jungle tree leaves at the same rate as apples
I think this would have been enough without cocoa plants.

Added Tripwire Hooks.
Wow WTF? String is now placeable all over the place. Lot's of uses i suppose, not just traps, but doors and lighting, Could probably be used in grinder making. I'm thinking as a mob sorter for various sized mobs could trigger different lines.

Added Book and Quill and Written Book.
This is great for building adventure maps and multiplayer. But I don't see it as very useful to a lonely single player. I'd still just use a text file to take game notes.

Added a new type of Golden Apple. with attributes the Golden Apple had before 1.1
This is for all the retards that still don't think gold is useful.

Added Bottle o' Enchanting to survival mode.
Added Chainmail Armor to survival mode.
Not craftable, just a villager tradable. I still wish these were craftable.

Added Chiseled Stone Bricks to survival mode.
3 per jungle temple. This is for you worthless rarity collectors.

New Gravel texture.
sucks

New Dispenser features:
These are all good. Should add a lot of fun changes to builds.

Stackable items now stack outside inventory when thrown to the ground individually.
Booooo! The bad thing about this is that if you die by a drop destroyer (fire lava etc) the whole stack will land safe or not where as the random scatter would mean you lose some but still save some. Although you may argue that the whole stack landing safe is worth the riskk of losing the whole stack.

Wood, Stairs, Slabs
I like all the changes. But I hate that mojang has officially named the apple tree, oak. Apples don't come from oak trees dumbass. Acorns come from oak trees. In defiance i will continue to call the apple bearing trees in minecraft, apple trees.

Redstone, Torches and Rails can now be placed on slabs and stairs positioned upside down.
I thought this meant something totally different at first. It just means you can put stuff on the top flat side.

Wooden Pressure Plates detect arrows.
Buttons should as well i feel

Removed old Chest texture, causing Locked Chests to appear purple.
"Yeah let's waste our time fixing bugs that only effect mod users!" says mojang douche bag

Different crafting recipe for books.
Well it gives you something to do with leather anyhow.

Wooden tools can be burned in furnaces.
Come on make it wooden anything.

Silk Touch will be able to pick up Ender Chests, Ice, and Glass Panes.
But does ice still make water in the nether? I haven't tested that.

Enchanting
I noticed, and think it will be changed, that you only need 15 bookcases to get a 30 every time regardless of material. The max level on the table doesn't seem to change ever from picking up and replacing. Also for those of you that think this means higher enchantments will be unattainable; in a row of 9 picks I have:E4x7, U3x5, STx3, F3x3, F2 As for old style 9 picks (level 48-50, i only got 1 49 and 1 50 and they weren't even the best picks i got) E4x6, U3x6, STx2, F3. So i'd say no change here's what you get from 9 picks at 30 old school: E3x7(not E4), U3x8, F2. no silk touch no fortune 3. It seems all better no worse to me.

Structures
Very nice. Seed 1 coords x -160 z -240 a desert temple and village but the village seems normal looking to me not deserty in any way. The jungle temples are funner.

Trading with Villagers
Seems good but could be better.

Passive mobs can be easily pushed around by simply walking
Hooray!

While sitting inside of a minecart pushing the directional keys will make it move the direction you are pressing
Slow, so it doesn't replace the use of powered rails, but get rid of the need of them.

Boats can accelerate to faster than previous speeds. Boats are now easier to control. Boats will now pass through lilypads
Right, but are they still shit in multiplayer?

Bug Fixes
Arrows "warping upwards" in multiplayer fixed.
All multiplayer sounds have been fixed.
But not minecarts
Better chunk loading in SMP.
Fishing lines are now visible in SMP.
Fix for glitchy mob prediction in multiplayer.
Is this what means mobs will stop glitching out in walls and ceilings?
Using buckets filled with lava no longer consume the bucket when smelting items
I didn't know it was a bug i just thought mojang was being an asshole with the bucket burning.
Armor and Tool Enchantments now show on multiplayer.
Endermen open their mouth and vibrate on multiplayer
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

Gnatogryz
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by Gnatogryz »

RevStoningpot wrote:Singleplayer will be a local server.
I don't understand this. Does it mean only people on my internet connection can get on? Computers need to be networked together?
This means that, from a technical point of view, there will be no difference between Single and Multiplayer. Which means they won't have to work on SP and MP bugs separately. Also, people in your LAN will be able to join your singleplayer game.