I have beaten the 'Box Chess challenge'

General simplicitypvp.net related topics
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Re: I have beaten the 'Box Chess challenge'

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

worldruler086 wrote:
Bloop the poop wrote:Image
fuck meme generators. Memes are what you call dead jokes that are no longer funny, yet are still used, and used en masse.
UMAD BRO? UMAD??
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

I've never seen that ^ joke before and it's already not funny. I mean maybe i'm missing some thing, but what's the joke? He's just lying about beating box in a game of chess. Is the kid supposed to be funny? I don't see what the kid even has to do with the caption.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

The origonal image was a picture of this kid posing like this infront of the camera with a destroyed sandcastle in the backround and another smaller child. The origonal caption was "I hate sandcastles." People took the expression and dubbed the meme "Sucsess Kid". Any time you do something where you're expected to loose but win, this is probably the best format.

Know Your Meme's Article
DjANNIHILATE
[rawr]

Post by DjANNIHILATE »

Wait, who is lying about beating box in a chess game? Myself or the baby?
worldruler086
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by worldruler086 »

I just think it's an old joke. Although memes are certainly an interesting phenomenon, I lost a bit of respect to them after a certain knee related one. I just find them lacking in originality (once they become a meme that is), which is something I absolutely hate. I'd rather a original joke be funny for a week than a meme be funny for a year or eight. The only "funny" thing you need to know is the meme itself. If you don't know the meme, the joke is meaningless. Think the "Cake is a lie" meme. Where is the joke. Seriously, WHERE IS THE JOKE. If you didn't know the reference (that the cake Glados was offering you was, in fact, never going to be given to you), it still didn't deserve to be used 5 years after the game came out. I think this video explains it better:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LmjiTduSe0&feature=plcp

Dj, no one is lying. The point was that the meme relies on what you attempting to accomplish most like was not going to go in your favor.
Gnatogryz

Post by Gnatogryz »

While I don't care for the "success kid" memes or "arrow in the knee" ones, I love 60s spiderman. But then again - it's a meme where you don't actually have to know the original spiderman cartoon.

Also, what the f*** is reddit and why am I the only person who's never been to that site?
TLRedemption
Noob

Post by TLRedemption »

Gnatogryz wrote:While I don't care for the "success kid" memes or "arrow in the knee" ones, I love 60s spiderman. But then again - it's a meme where you don't actually have to know the original spiderman cartoon.

Also, what the f*** is reddit and why am I the only person who's never been to that site?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reddit
I go on occasionally to check for anything interesting, it's a nice site.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

http://www.encyclopediadramatica.se/kitten

I swear to god, you will not recover from the mindfuck that will occur if you click that link.
Gnatogryz

Post by Gnatogryz »

Give me back my innocence...
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

i was saying bloop was lying about beating box. I thought that was clear. I've never been to redit as well and never will. I understand it's just random forums. Mostly filled with the unintelligent opinions of children. I still don't understand this whole meme concept. and does retarded spelling count as a meme like teh, plox, pwn, and shit like that?