Old Spawn Topics

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started
Yukar9
Admin

Re: Spawn protection

Post by Yukar9 »

Added time limit to vote, whichever has the majority by the end gets their way. Advertising vote ingame.
SolFuji
in iron armor

Post by SolFuji »

I think this would not be vanilla pvp if there were a place you could go and would be protected from getting killed.

Even if I like the idea of being able to trade without getting killed by someone else, I would want to be able to kill the other one, if he steals my items or betrayes me anyhow. This isn't kindergarten.
Xestia
OP

Post by Xestia »

^ Exactly. This is pvp, not hang-around-spawn-talking-all-day-not-fighting-at-all. I think the current spawn is perfect, newbies get a chance to read the rules and all, and to get an overview of the map before leaving spawn, but there's no gay hiding in spawn. Why anybody would want it changed is beyond me.
astv25
[rawr]

Post by astv25 »

I built, on an RP server, a trading post where the two parties trading were completely separate from each other and could only leave when they both agreed. It was a simple redstone circuit and worked well until the server got griefed by a rogue admin, but I think if a staff member built something like that and PVP/Damage protected the building, people could trade in it. The downside being someone camping in it I suppose.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

We actually had one of those on the old map, the thing was it never got used, all it was used for was noobs walking in there and not being able to get out again.
SolFuji
in iron armor

Post by SolFuji »

Yukar9 wrote:... and not being able to get out again.
That was the first thing I thought it would be funny to do with it... ;-p
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Heheh, completely forgot about this poll :P Time was too long
It's a narrow win for the 'no' side, locking topic.
Yukar9
Admin

Protected spawn

Post by Yukar9 »

I'm going to be redecorating spawn a lot, and one of the things I'm going to do is to disable pvp in spawn.

Thoughts on that go here.
SolFuji
in iron armor

Re: Protected spawn

Post by SolFuji »

What do you want to archieve with it?
Yukar9
Admin

Re: Protected spawn

Post by Yukar9 »

Nostalgia