map limit

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started

Add a 5k world boundary?

Poll ended at Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:01 pm

Yes
46%
No
54%

Total votes: 52

trouble_354
[rawr]

Re: map limit

Post by trouble_354 »

I've probably mentioned this before, but my castle 2k away from spawn has been sitting there since the server reset (2 months?) its only been griefed twice, not much of a challenge if you ask me.
Xestia
OP

Post by Xestia »

What challenge is there to build 80k blocks from spawn? You're more likely to get griefed on a creative server, than you are 80k blocks from spawn here.

Also, what's up with this lame abusing /say to get people to vote no? Using /say for that is about as fair as me starting to offer diamonds for people to vote yes, and if I started doing that you'd be pretty pissed too.
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

it's called campaigning you can do what ever you want i'm just making people aware of the vote. just cuz the message is purple doesn't mean it's gonna make people vote one way or the other. and I've only moved out so far because i've been griefed in my last two locations I'm pretty sure i've mentioned that but you pople keep saying no one greifs any thing past 5000. But they do and it's not just inside jobs I was griefed by someone who was griefed by someone else and happened on my base. That's two different bases out past 20K that were griefed by non insiders. You spawn rats don't find anything out that far because you never go out that far. Don't blame others cuz you suck at playing the game.
sliderride
[rawr]

Post by sliderride »

voted NO - because:

1) this would mean nether is reduced to ~ 700x700 and soon all out of glowstone + totally gireffed + everyone kills everyone all the time

2) this is vanilla server

Although I share some of your concern
trouble_354
[rawr]

Post by trouble_354 »

RevStoningpot wrote:it's called campaigning you can do what ever you want i'm just making people aware of the vote. just cuz the message is purple doesn't mean it's gonna make people vote one way or the other. and I've only moved out so far because i've been griefed in my last two locations I'm pretty sure i've mentioned that but you pople keep saying no one greifs any thing past 5000. But they do and it's not just inside jobs I was griefed by someone who was griefed by someone else and happened on my base. That's two different bases out past 20K that were griefed by non insiders. You spawn rats don't find anything out that far because you never go out that far. Don't blame others cuz you suck at playing the game.
why do you move so far away from spawn if you keep getting griefed? you make out like its easy to find stuff far out, its not it takes hours and hours to find something that far out which is exactly why you go that far. a casual gamer who comes on once a few days or something is not going to waste there time going to 5k+ which can take anywhere from an hour to 4 hours depending on the terrain.

how about within the next 24 hours you prove how easy it is and find a base that's not some hole with a bed. tell us how long it took you and how far you had to travel.
astv25
[rawr]

Post by astv25 »

I support an infinite map myself. If you all want to move to within 5k of spawn, have fun and hide your shiz well. Meanwhile, I'll be rolling in relative safety. kthxbai
Xestia
OP

Post by Xestia »

pianiseemo I thought you said there would be support for this.

To the people who vote no: Enjoy your dead creative server.
ccrh
[rawr]

Post by ccrh »

hows about, if you want to pvp; rather than pvp coming to you, you go to pvp =O and if you dont then just hide well and wait for a bloodthirsty warmonger to annihilate your village/city/hut/(W/E) that work?
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

i don't think you morons know what a creative server is. That would be like every ones an op spawning items and flying around in god mode. And of coarse it would take forever to find me that's the point. i have a lot of good shit to be stolen people should have to work hard for that. Again I'll tell you cuz you havn't seemed to have been listening I'm not here cuz i want to kill and steal I'm here because i want to play against the rick of being killed or robbed. PvP takes both offence and defence.
Xestia
OP

Post by Xestia »

I agree, but in your case the defense consists of separating yourself entirely from everybody on the server you don't trust, and the offense is entirely non-existent.

People might not be spawning stuff or flying, but they're still building more than pvping, hence it's more creative than pvp.

ccrh for that to work you need somebody other than yourself to want to pvp. The way it is now everybody but me is hiding 20k blocks or more from spawn, sitting in their little hole all day long.