Haxoz-B-Gone

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started
ccrh
[rawr]

Haxoz-B-Gone

Post by ccrh »

Since it seems like every time I log on and get ready to play, there is another hacker on the loose, I suggest (@yukar) that spamhammer be set to BAN if someone spams the same message like more than 10 times in a period of 5 seconds. All too often a noob comes on with zombe or cjb or some modpack, there are no OPs on but there are like 10 people on (non-OP ofc) so the hacker gets to terrorize all the players until, god forbid, they get banned or bored. In addition to breaking the ONE major rule of the server, no hacking/hacks, they go on and try to spam the chat which ends up getting them muted for like a minute or w/e and then they just go on their happy way, killing repeatedly and robbing unfairly... yes I know killing and stealing and even griefing is allowed but not with hacks. so yeah, ty for reading my nice wall of text =D. I just think that setting the spamhammer to "kill" rather than "stun" will eliminate the hackers and clean the server up. Also, I would not live very close to spawn anyways, but the fact that hackers come on and terrorize anyone too close to spawn certainly doesnt help.
Xestia
OP

Re: Haxoz-B-Gone

Post by Xestia »

So if you type too fast you get permabanned? Awesome
ccrh
[rawr]

Post by ccrh »

well if you type 20 relatively long messages in 10 seconds or w/e then yes, you deserve to be banned XD. Does anyone else feel really scared when a hacker comes on? I feel terrified, even at my safe lil house several kilometers from spawn. like if you say something like "ima hacker and ima kill you all" repeatedly for 10 seconds really fast, you are using a modded client. Disagree? I think these hackers are too plentiful and not in balance (with the moderators). Seriously, We need some way of getting rid of these fly hackers and w/e, or some people may rage quit when their house is .nuke'd (removes all blocks within a range of you) and they are spawn killed and cannot even get a start again, then they come on different times and there happens to be a hacker on the loose each time. =/
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

I've been noticing a lot latly my self I never see any other admin these days so i can only imagine how much time it's left unprotected. A hacker told me recently that we don't even have a good anti cheat mod. So maybe a better anticheat could be implimented.
Xestia
OP

Post by Xestia »

ccrh the antispam is far from perfect, I've been automuted quite a lot of times myself, and I've never used a modded client.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Hackers say our anticheat sucks because it's set to only report hacks, and not automatically interfere, ie. from a hackers perspective we have no anticheat. This works perfectly when there's an admin on 24/7, but I understand it creates a problem when there isn't an admin on 24/7.

I've got my own anticheat in the works, and I'm hoping to have it ready by the end of this weekend, then this hacker-problem will be solved.
ccrh
[rawr]

Post by ccrh »

=D=D=D