This is for the Staff

General simplicitypvp.net related topics
Mr_Hole_Digger
[rawr]

This is for the Staff

Post by Mr_Hole_Digger »

So I was talking with one of the admins about what's considered breaking the rules and what's not, etc.
I realized there is a chance one admin might ban you for something that another admin might let you get away with, such as the redstone to obsidian glitch.

All the admins should ban by the same method, so you need to decide if turning redstone into obsidian is considered cheating or not. Other things would be creating blocks inside protected areas like cobblestone or trees. It makes things complex when different admins ban for different reasons, the reasons should all be the same among all staff.

Neither of these are said to be against the rules but should probably be discussed, I was told some admins might ban for things like this.
It's a minor thing but I simply see it as small imperfection that could be corrected.
I'm a precisionist
mitte90
OP

Re: This is for the Staff

Post by mitte90 »

this is why we have the appeal section. we have the one role no cheats no glitches (glitches often result in warning or time based ban/jail) in all cases yukar have the last word. some admins are mostly after xray and some are fly and all other stuff.. its no pay so we do what we like to do mostly.
Mr_Hole_Digger
[rawr]

Post by Mr_Hole_Digger »

mitte90 wrote:this is why we have the appeal section. we have the one role no cheats no glitches (glitches often result in warning or time based ban/jail) in all cases yukar have the last word. some admins are mostly after xray and some are fly and all other stuff.. its no pay so we do what we like to do mostly.
Oh ok, that makes more sense. Does yukar say yay or nay to the redstone to obsidian glitch?
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Personally I think it's bad, but I probably wouldn't ban for it.

Having some ambiguity in our rules allows us to keep our rules short and simple. I personally see no problem in having gray areas. Some things, such as the obsidian glitch, is mild enough to usually receive some leniency. The use of it still goes against the fairness of the game, but is generally not severe enough to permanently ban. If however the use is egregious, I think most people would agree on a ban.

In the end I think most admins will tell you the same: Using it is a bad idea, but does not deserve a ban. Not being banned for something does not equate to it being allowed. It just means it borders on being bannable.

You can walk on the edge if you so choose, but this may result in you falling down. If you wish to stay safe, then don't glitch.
Mr_Hole_Digger
[rawr]

Post by Mr_Hole_Digger »

"The use of it still goes against the fairness of the game, but is generally not severe enough to permanently ban. If however the use is egregious, I think most people would agree on a ban."

"You can walk on the edge if you so choose, but this may result in you falling down. If you wish to stay safe, then don't glitch."

I understand what you're saying, but we're back where we were before. It should be either allowed or not allowed. Not like "Oh, he wasn't doing any harm with the obsidian, it's fine. Just as long as he doesn't start building some massive wall around the spawn and trapping people it's ok." That's the way it is now right?

It should be known as cheating or not cheating to all of the staff, not just a warning.

Btw, I don't do the glitch, I play it safe.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

Mr_Hole_Digger wrote:"The use of it still goes against the fairness of the game, but is generally not severe enough to permanently ban. If however the use is egregious, I think most people would agree on a ban."

"You can walk on the edge if you so choose, but this may result in you falling down. If you wish to stay safe, then don't glitch."

I understand what you're saying, but we're back where we were before. It should be either allowed or not allowed. Not like "Oh, he wasn't doing any harm with the obsidian, it's fine. Just as long as he doesn't start building some massive wall around the spawn and trapping people it's ok." That's the way it is now right?

It should be known as cheating or not cheating to all of the staff, not just a warning.

Btw, I don't do the glitch, I play it safe.
Why the fuck would you need to turn Redstone into Obsidian. It's easy as fuck to get obsidian without abusing stupid glitches like these. I personally say if you knowingly abuse something for gain you wouldn't normally be able to aquire, get the fuck out.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

No, it shouldn't be considered either cheating or not cheating. Putting everything on a side of a clearly defined line would take an incredibly huge set of rules. It is in the might-be-cheating category, might-be-cheating should by the conscientious player be taken as cheating, the leeway given is mostly for the ignorant. Might-be-cheating should be taken as forbidden.
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

since lava is more common than redstone this seems to be a loss glitch not a gain.
KennyKatsu
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by KennyKatsu »

RevStoningpot wrote:since lava is more common than redstone this seems to be a loss glitch not a gain.
Since redstone is renewable this makes obsidian renewable without traveling through all the portals and stuff
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

KennyKatsu wrote:
RevStoningpot wrote:since lava is more common than redstone this seems to be a loss glitch not a gain.
Since redstone is renewable this makes obsidian renewable without traveling through all the portals and stuff
>Redstone
>Renewable
>mfw