Fix for spawn being lava-ed

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started
Mr_Hole_Digger
[rawr]

Fix for spawn being lava-ed

Post by Mr_Hole_Digger »

This is just an idea of mine to prevent people from being trapped in spawn by walls of lava:
set a radius around spawn about 20 blocks out or so that lava can't be placed if that's possible.

Pros: People can get out of spawn, no more cobble blocks in the protected area, less people raging about how the server sucks (not that it does).
Cons: None really but just that you can't build noob traps right next to spawn anymore.
mitte90
OP

Re: Fix for spawn being lava-ed

Post by mitte90 »

what stops u from lava trap the new radius?
Mr_Hole_Digger
[rawr]

Post by Mr_Hole_Digger »

mitte90 wrote:what stops u from lava trap the new radius?
Nothing, of course. I know It doesn't work perfectly, but stops cobble from being made in the protected area.
Also, If you made the radius go out further, it would be much harder to lava trap players at spawn. It allows them to collect blocks to bust through it or pillar over it and get through, also allows them to warp to /world since they have more space to get away from other players. I know it's easy for the admins to reset the spawn and destroy the foreign blocks inside it, but this could end that and also make lava-ing spawn doable so it doesn't get cleared away (Anarchy, right?).

This should be considered an improvement, not a fix I guess. In a way, it could fix some things.
RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by RevStoningpot »

how about you go design a spawn that would work better
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

But this server is built on the idea of near-complete player freedom. If somebody wants to lava spawn, they should be free to do so. It is then up to the players who do not want there to be lava around spawn to correct it.

The foreign objects are annoying though, but I'd consider that more of a technical problem.
Mr_Hole_Digger
[rawr]

Post by Mr_Hole_Digger »

Yukar9 wrote:But this server is built on the idea of near-complete player freedom. If somebody wants to lava spawn, they should be free to do so. It is then up to the players who do not want there to be lava around spawn to correct it.

The foreign objects are annoying though, but I'd consider that more of a technical problem.
Well, like I said, an anti-lava radius creates freedom for the players that want to lava the spawn because you don't have to remove it. The anti-lava radius just stops the foreign objects and lava being removed by the staff. A radius of 10 would work just fine. Even though it's a technical problem it can still be fixed by changing something slightly.

It's up to you, I highly recommend the idea.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

If you hang around spawn so much for that to be an issue, you can go design a spawn, because I'm sure as hell not going to.

My player, personally, has not been to spawn in probably over a year.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Well, a no-liquids radius of 10 would prevent players from using liquids within that radius. I don't particularly care for that consequence.
It's up to you
It's not, actually, it's up to all of you :)
SolFuji
in iron armor

Post by SolFuji »

Have people ever been trapped in spam this way???
KennyKatsu
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by KennyKatsu »

Lol. Is my lava still there?