This is for the Staff

General simplicitypvp.net related topics
MisterStrawman
Donator

Re: This is for the Staff

Post by MisterStrawman »

It doesn't, at least as far as I've tested it. Pretty sure it's just redstone.
KennyKatsu
hated the previously assigned rank

Post by KennyKatsu »

I believe you gotta have a hook and some stuff involved. Haven't tested it yet was just reading from the bug issue tracker
Mr_Hole_Digger
[rawr]

Post by Mr_Hole_Digger »

LoneSoldier55 wrote:
worldruler086 wrote:I doubt you could abuse cobble generators. The main reason cobble generators are used isn't because cobble is hard to get, but mining a lot of cobble leaves a lot of ugly holes, which cobble generators don't do. While the obby generator abuses a glitch, the cobble generator abuses a feature (that flowing lava and flowing water make cobble). It's no more an abusement than a mob trap. If the obby generator made something that was actually a big thing to make endlessly (like diamonds, or iron), it'd be a problem. I'd say the iron golem farms are more a "unhappy medium" between the two, as how you spawn iron golems is much more complicated than "make an area dark enough to spawn mobs", and is more "cheating the system" into thinking it should spawn iron golems. However, cracking down on it would be very difficult, and given how complicated it is, it'd be a small minority of players who know how to make one, let alone actually make one.
To compact world's point to something non-paragraph worthy, here is my stance.

Cobblestone generators make use of a well known and impletemented function of the game, the fact that water over flowing lava creates a cobblestone entity.
Obsidian generators work on the principal of something that wasn't intended to happen, such as that redstone somehow makes obsidian, which realisticly and game-wise does not make sense.

Therefore, because Obsidian Generators weren't intended to be created, they should not be allowed.
Right on! This is what I'm trying to point out, so thanks for dumbing in down a notch.
It's not intended like you said but in a way it's not very practical either in a way, so doing the glitch doesn't hurt anyone really. Doesn't mean you should do it though since it's a glitch in the game.

So I agree with what Yukar said about not having a complex list of rules and making the choice to ban on something when it becomes a problem or exploit.
I'll just stick to being realistic by risking my life mining obsidian near molten lava, that way I'll value it more.
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

What is a fire resistance potion.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

LoneSoldier55 wrote:What is a fire resistance potion.
A potion that makes noobs go "omg creative mode hackar!!1!"
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

Yukar9 wrote:
LoneSoldier55 wrote:What is a fire resistance potion.
A potion that makes noobs go "omg creative mode hackar!!1!"
Yeah I once used one in that challenge we had under the spawn. I was stuck in lava for 6 minutes being called a hacker by some kids standing ontop of the glass.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Wasn't that removed before potions were added to the game?
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

Nope, I distictly remember using fire resitance potions as fuckup-prevention.
Yukar9
Admin

Post by Yukar9 »

Wait, so at which version did we remove the challenge?
LoneSoldier55
Moron

Post by LoneSoldier55 »

Not exactaly sure.