New map reset

Post various suggestions here, if support is shown for your suggestion a vote will be started

(not official vote) Should there be a final map reset for 1.0.0

Yes
75%
No
25%

Total votes: 8

RevStoningpot
Moron
Location: first star to the right and straight on till morning

New map reset

Post by RevStoningpot »

I know it was planned that there would be no reset for 1.9 but since they totaly skipped 1.9 I think it's time to decide on a map reset or not. 1.0.0 is supposedly the final version of minecraft so fgrom here on no map resets should be needed. 1.0.0 has new terrain generation: snow, mushroom, stronghold. And it seems (as i found on another old map server) that ender eyes lead you to old map coords that have no stronghold. So i have no idea if strongholds can be found that way. People may be able to transfer items again, I'll be discusing that with yukar. If we do go for a map reset this should be the last time it's needed as the game is supposed to be done. Any updates after this shouldn't be as game changing to need new terrain generation.
Bloop the poop
Moron

Re: New map reset

Post by Bloop the poop »

It's quite a debateable topic. It should be discussed with all of the more active players and ops,admins first. I do see what you're talking about rev but the issue is that players have taken time to build all these brand new bases and some are still building. and even an item transfer might be annoying. 15 people running out of spawn at the same time with diamonds and gold and all their most important crap isn't such a good idea. I think we should listen to what other players have to say. Another thing is I'm 99% sure that Minecraft is still going to keep on being updated, but Notch just wanted to finally get a review for the game and make it officail instead of keeping it in it's beta stage. It would be just like keeping Call of Duty or Battlefield in the beta stage and putting it out in stores. This way notch can make more profit. I read all that from the word of notch today...Might wanna check that out.

ANYWAYS. Bottom line if you don't want to read all that crap; It's what you want more. Do you want strongholds and new nether stuff and all that? Personally I would say yes BUT Yukar has to tp us in the new map to a location of our choice or some random chords roughly a few k from spawn. I think it's important because a lot of the base ingredients for potions come from the nether, and it prob needs a reset. Then again... We could reset the nether AGAIN.
Debateable!
Xestia
OP

Post by Xestia »

Uh, http://simplicitypvp.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=460

But I agree, knowing mojang I'm pretty sure they're going to continue updating the world generation. I think we should at least wait til 1.1 (or whatever it'll be named) to know if they're going to change it again.
SolFuji
in iron armor

Post by SolFuji »

I'd do a full reset (with or without a boundary) but without taking anything from the old server. Why?
RevStoningpot
Moron

Post by RevStoningpot »

as before people wouldn't have toi move their stuff out of spawn it could be delivered to a new location. But i think changing the map generator isn't something that would be done in the final version. updates'll probably be additions of items and mobs and such. I would only hope they've decided on map generation by this time.
RevStoningpot
Moron

Post by RevStoningpot »

Okay Yukar has told me there will be no reset untill at least 1.1 when ever that might be